IGNORED

Question about 1040STF capacitors on motherbaord (not PSU)

Hi! I did a brief search and found only recap questions for the PSU bricks' recapping. I recently bought a power supply and I still get wavy lines in my 1040STF.  The STF also has several capacitors on the mobo itself.  A large 16v/4700uf one and then a bunch of small ones on the upper-right corner.  Since the new PSU is said to be good and I trust the seller, I'm pretty sure I just need to recap the mobo.  Is there a list of brands and sizes that is readily available?  (I'd read Panasonic FR for the PSUs, but wouldn't those be a different grade entirely as those are for the PSUs?)

Thanks much! 

You probably want to check out Exxos's store and forum (Although I'm not sure about shipping to USA), I think he had some motherboard cap kits and there are likely threads on his forum about recapping the motherboard. There are also some threads on there about the video circuit issues. I wouldn't necessarily rule out the PSU, unless it has been recapped it is still on borrowed time.

• Like 1

Done and done, thanks! They do indeed ship to the US.  :)   

They also had a video capacitor kit I wasn't expecting to see while scrolling, but I remembered your post so I picked up a couple as well - may as well soup up the spare 520 to go with the 1040 and keep or sell it afterward.

Thanks x2! 

• Like 1