IGNORED

Testing a PEB?

Boschloo

You probably need to take the ti99 apart and clean the cartridge port adapter. they have a plastic cover with a brush assembly inside and they get gooky over the years. It's best just to remove that cover and clean the adapter pins and edge connectors good, then reassemble the ti. That will probably take care of any cartridge connection problems. Google "disassmble a ti99/4a" and you'll get results like this one http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/console/console_dis.html as well as some youtube videos.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

Your disk controller will only format double sided single density disks 40 tracks per side, you can go here to learn more about it. http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/howto/514drives.html

Note: or single sided single density disks, if your floppy drive happens to be one of the original TI drives (MPI-51 or Shugart SA-400). Total storage per disk would be 90K with single-sided drives or 180K with double-sided drives. Disks to go with them can be SSDD or DSDD (only format the SSDD disks as single-sided, but double-sided disks can be formatted to use only one side). Most disks you find will be the double-sided ones. If you ever get your hands on a double-density controller (CorComp, Myarc, BwG, Atronic) your disk capacity would double when using the same drives with disks formatted to double-density.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

Note: or single sided single density disks, if your floppy drive happens to be one of the original TI drives (MPI-51 or Shugart SA-400). Total storage per disk would be 90K with single-sided drives or 180K with double-sided drives. Disks to go with them can be SSDD or DSDD (only format the SSDD disks as single-sided, but double-sided disks can be formatted to use only one side). Most disks you find will be the double-sided ones. If you ever get your hands on a double-density controller (CorComp, Myarc, BwG, Atronic) your disk capacity would double when using the same drives with disks formatted to double-density.

Yeh, I'd forgotten that @Boschloo may just have the one full height floppy drive, that would be single side, single density, that was an assumption on my part. Or he could have a more built system, depending on where he'd gotten it, with Double density controllers and two half height DSDD drives. 

32 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

Yeh, I'd forgotten that @Boschloo may just have the one full height floppy drive, that would be single side, single density, that was an assumption on my part. Or he could have a more built system, depending on where he'd gotten it, with Double density controllers and two half height DSDD drives. 

I have the PHP1250.

• Like 1