IGNORED

Whtech site has some non functional link information

RickyDean

I know this is asking a lot with the size of the Whtech site, but at least on two occasions tonight I was searching for info. One of those searches was about Myarc products and I clicked on the https://ftp.whtech.com/datasheets and manuals/Hardware/Myarc/Myarc 512k memory expansion card.txt link and it opens a text file  that states:

The Myarc 512k memory expansion card user guide can be 
downloaded from http://pw2.netcom.com/~mjmw/online.htm

But when I try to open this link, I get the message

This site can’t be reached pw2.netcom.com took too long to respond."

Can the file be replaced with a working copy if the site is not operational? Another was The Myarc Disk Manager lever III user guide. Unknown how many may be like this?

2 minutes ago, WhataKowinkydink said:

Huh - has WHTech been abandoned?

No, it's just that some information that wasn't available at whtech had pointers in text files to a site(s) that are no longer in operation, as stated above, a couple of examples. Unknown how extensive this could be, for manuals and such.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

No, it's just that some information that wasn't available at whtech had pointers in text files to a site(s) that are no longer in operation, as stated above, a couple of examples. Unknown how extensive this could be, for manuals and such.

Mike Wright requested that things pointed to his CADD site for things that he made available online. The community generally respected that request, although if his site is truly down, the topic may need to be revisited. I think I still have an email address that can get to him. I'll see what I can dig up.

• Like 6