IGNORED

HSC20 Round 19: IXION

IXION

Battling all season along with Aquatron, Ixion finally wins the HSC poll :party:

Ixion

https://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=2083

IXION is a fantastic game that everyone should enjoy. If your version has corrupted graphics (your gun turret glitches, plus it doesn't turn and fire in all directions) and is missing sounds (how would you know?!) then you need to download the later version on the link above. Read the comments from the programmer Fred Mack on atarimania. Game Info from the 2600 and from Sega Retro

Hints:

Collect the letters IXION before the timer runs out to complete a level. Shoot or bump the orange balls around to fill in "heal" the blank tiles so you can move around more easily. There are bonus levels where you need to heal all the tiles. Try and shoot the balls at the start of each level to get them moving, and keep them moving. Learn to let your shots travel as they bounce around the screen, rapid firing is a mistake, and... don't stay still for too long!!  Note: you also need to move the stick to shoot.

When you get the destructive brown balls on, use rapid firing to keep your shots from reaching it (good luck!).

You might notice you can fire before moving to stay still or fire after moving to slide along firing.

If you don't get all the letters in time you get another (usually) harder version of the same level.

[Option] is pause / resume.

Bonus challenges (1pt each) - to be played as part of normal goes please ;)

#1 highest score on first life

#2 NOT for players who have not won a HSC round this season: Highest score on first two screens, in 1 man (1 screen and a bonus screen) players must collect all the letters

#3 Everyone: Highest Score on first 4 screens, in 1 man (2 screens and 2 bonus screens) players must collect all the letters on both main boards.

#4 Set new HSC record, currently held by Dope 535,580 (playing on NTSC) who reached the suspected kill screen last time we played.

No bonus game this time though I was tempted!

Round finishes Weds 22nd November 9pm UK time (yes I checked my diary this time)

EVERYONE WELCOME TO PLAY - GAME ON!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MichaG said:

Link leads to Zaxxon, Ixion is https://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=2083

And I was so smug that it had all gone well :D Corrected; thanks MichaG :thumbsup:

Had a decent first session which is good as I'm not going to have much time until next week...

Bonus Challenge scores:

Screens 1-4 (in one man, collecting all the letters) 84,990

1st life 95,890

Photo4319.jpg

Photo4320.jpg

Photo4318.jpg

• Like 2

New poll soon :!:

first tables

IXION     Bonus HSC HSC
  Player   Score Points Points Total
1st therealbountybob   371,750   12 12
2nd McKong                 290,520   11 11
3rd MichaG   153,160   10 10

Screens 1-4    
  Player Score Pts
1st therealbountybob 84,990 1

First Man

Player Score Pts
therealbountybob 95,890 1

Fun challenge here!  Starts off slow and almost too easy.  Then the deadly brown ball appears and complicates things.  The enemy tanks also shoot really fast on later stages.

Hint: Bumping the orange ball works better than shooting it.  It's much easier to control, doesn't risk triggering the brown ball like your shot does, and can act as a shield.

image.thumb.png.90e94aec779f17f15dbbe11378ac8158.png

• Like 4

13 hours ago, carlsson said:

Very little time to play - actually first time in three weeks that I've played Atari. Also I'm busy all weekday evenings so I won't have any more time to play until the deadline.

Ixion - 87280 pts

:thumbsup:

Round 20 POLL OPEN:

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/356866-hsc20-round-20-poll/

:)

5 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Fun challenge here!  Starts off slow and almost too easy.  Then the deadly brown ball appears and complicates things.  The enemy tanks also shoot really fast on later stages.

Hint: Bumping the orange ball works better than shooting it.  It's much easier to control, doesn't risk triggering the brown ball like your shot does, and can act as a shield.

:thumbsup:

Ha! I never thought of not firing and just bumping - will try that out on Weds before the round ends thanks rdrunner ;)

Reminder this round and the POLL close Weds 9pm UK time ;)

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/356866-hsc20-round-20-poll/

latest tables

IXION     Bonus HSC HSC
1st rdrunner   458,860   12 12
2nd therealbountybob   381,370   11 11
3rd McKong                 313,420   10 10
4th Sikor   235,180   9 9
5th MichaG   153,160   8 8
6th carlsson   87,280   7 7

Screens 1-4       First Man    
  Player Score Pts   Player Score Pts
1st therealbountybob 84,990 1   therealbountybob 201,610 1

Congratulations to... rdrunner with a very good score from The Mr. Video in runner up spot :thumbsup: Good game, blah blah blah, same old trbb... yes let's get on with the next round :D  Thanks for playing everyone, good to see Littleman Jack and Jr back in Atari action ;)

Final Tables

IXION     Bonus HSC HSC
1st rdrunner   458,860   12 12
2nd The Mr. Video   397,940   11 11
3rd therealbountybob   381,370 2 10 12
4th McKong                 313,420   9 9
5th Sikor   235,180   8 8
6th littleman jack   156,320   7 7
7th MichaG   153,160   6 6
8th carlsson   87,280   5 5
9th littleman jr   56,700   4 4