IGNORED

IDE to USB adapter bridge board card

RickyDean

4 minutes ago, RXB said:

Yea I had one that works and had a SCSI to EIDE and SCSI to IDE adaptor. 

Never needed the IDE to USB one as I have so many docks that do it.

Understood, but I'm believing this will work on our IDE cards for the TI, to maybe give another storage medium option. Hard drive, CF, SD, Thumb drive, etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

Understood, but I'm believing this will work on our IDE cards for the TI, to maybe give another storage medium option. Hard drive, CF, SD, Thumb drive, etc.

I have tested various IDE2CF and IDE2SD adapters similar to the below and they work fine.  I have even tested a IDE to Dual CF Card to give a primary and slave.

https://www.amazon.com/outstanding-Adapter-Compact-Bootable-Converter/dp/B09FPRDCY7/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3F33DR2SF8IP0&keywords=IDE2CF&qid=1699551239&sprefix=ide2cf%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.com/SDHC-40Pin-Adapter-Memory-Drive/dp/B08SK28S2Y/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1VUA9J44NS4MY&keywords=IDE2SD&qid=1699551261&sprefix=ide2sd%2Caps%2C77&sr=8-4

• Like 3

@RickyDean

First moment I thought "this will not work" because you´ll need an USB-2-IDE adapter but not an IDE-2-USB one...

But then I saw it says "Bridge", so it should work in your way (direction) , right ?

The shown SD-2-IDE and CF-2-IDE do say it correct:

a CF-Card (or SD) will work as IDE drive, but NOT the other way around

but OK, these are adapters, not bridges...

6 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

@RickyDean

First moment I thought "this will not work" because you´ll need an USB-2-IDE adapter but not an IDE-2-USB one...

But then I saw it says "Bridge", so it should work in your way (direction) , right ?

The shown SD-2-IDE and CF-2-IDE do say it correct:

a CF-Card (or SD) will work as IDE drive, but NOT the other way around

but OK, these are adapters, not bridges...

Yes sir, that's what I'm thinking. A IDE to USB bridge suggest cross communication. I think it only means for storage here, say like a usb drive, not for mouse or keyboard, but that would still be useful. Maybe you could plug in an extension cable to the front of the PEB and change out and use portable drives (thumb drives, small external hard drives, etcetera)as you needed to, easily and quickly?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

I perfectly understand, they're pretty cheap though, so I've bought a couple to see if they are worth trying out. 

I am curious as to the results.  That it only has a USB-A connector on it seems dubious for bridge functionality.  At the same time, some of these Chinesium products perform small miracles.

• Like 2

On 11/9/2023 at 4:54 PM, RickyDean said:

I found a similar one like this in my drawer. It is for connecting an IDE harddisk to a USB port of a PC.

• Like 1