IGNORED

atari being not so lazy and dumb with their jaguar as i tout???

johannesmutlu

Yeah i know most people will think that atari was misleading us with stuff that  their games were bad and/or did hardly show the capabilities of their atari jaguar system,BUT after doing my research,i do have  my conclusions at why i think that atari was not so lazy and dumb with their atari jaguar as what i always did tout for a long time ,so the atari jaguar shouldn’t have failed that hard like eventually it,as it turns out that it is actually a better system with oke games overall in my opinion,so here are the reasons,

1,they did knew that platform games were in so they had,bubsy’s adventure,zoo ||,rayman etc,,, wich was probably used
against nintendo’s supermarioworld and sega’s sonic the hedge hog,
2,they knew that fighting games were hot so they came up with with kasumi ninja fighters and ultra vortek as a mortol kombat alternative and probably to eventually also compeat against nintendo’s killer instinct and sega’s virtua fighter 2 2D on genesis and eventually namco’s tekken on sony’s 32bit ps1,
3,they knew that polygonal 3D racing games were hot so they came up with checkered flag to compeat against nintendo’s stunt race fx and sega’s virtua racing,

4,they knew that in order to prove that their hardware is more capable then those 16bit machines they had to come up with 3D textured games wich they did with games such as doom,alien vs predator,skyhammer,fighters of the towers 2 etc,,,

5,they knew that flight simulator games were also hot so the came up with cybermorph and battle morph to compeat against nintendo’s starfox and sega’s starblade,
6,since they knew the CGI rendered graphical games became the next big thing they came up with rayman to compeat against nintendo’s donkeykong country and sega’s vectorman,

7,they knew that fmv games were new types of games to get emerged into video games and they knew that CD’s gonna be the next big thing so they came up with the jaguar CD addon along with games such as dragon’s lair and space ace etc,,,
8,they knew that since everybody wanted to take to jump from 2D to 3D or see modern versions of their classics on newer system, they came up with breakout 3D,missile command 3D,battlezone 2000 ,pitfall the mayan adventure etc,,,
9,also since they don’t want that people would say ‘oh i can’t play those games from other systems on it’ but also since it was easier for atari and developers to port good 16bit games to it rather then making exclusives wich fully utelizes the full capabilities of the system,many games such as wolf3D,NBA jim and primal rage etc,,, did also came out on the atari jaguar,

and whether all those mentioned games here were made by atari or it’s developers,it did came out on the atari jaguar,so it counts,
10,while everybody was screaming that atari was misleading it’s consumers and that the nintendo 64 was really more advanced,even if that’s true,we should NOT forget that there were also many many 2D games on the N64 such as pokemon puzzle leugue,the new tetris,mickey mania tetris,dr mario 64 etc,,, (yes supermario 64 really triggered people to buy a N64 ,but still,,,)
So it’s not fair to say that the N64 was per se miles better after all,the atari jaguar did and still does had it’s potential,trough i still wish that atari came out with their jagduo system as a 2 in 1 solution.

also i wish atari came up with scrapyard dog 3D for the jaguar,it might,ve become the trigger point for people to buy a atari jaguar,IF it became a good game off course,atari might as well could,ve tried to buy a license from nintendo and sega to port supermario 64 and the yet unfinished sonic extreme to the atari jaguar in an attempt to drive up more sales of the system (just remember those early 8bit days)

11,also the atari jaguar was very cheap compared to it’s later competitors and current competitors with newer systems ,becides while i do like the design of both the N64,ps1 and sega saturn much better then ‘the about to toilet ready looking’ atari jaguar,but i do like the controller of the atari jaguar as it does look & feel much better then the N64 controller,yes the atari jaguar was only supposed to compeat against the sega genesis and snes but later it had to compeat against the sony ps1 and sega saturn,and while atari did had a hard time to do so,i still think they tried what they could do within their financial range,am mean they were indeed knowing at what they were doing with their atari jaguar after all,still trough i wish they tried to push much harder with their jaguar,

FF205A3B-6E8A-440B-85E6-B1BF6D116E5D.jpeg

2B1D26F1-A8A3-43CF-A54C-93F6DEBA5908.jpeg

FB9EA5E3-1A53-4E7A-99F3-7C2E08B58C0A.jpeg

2637D3DD-96AA-44FE-8A2A-DFDC1DD3A5FC.jpeg

5A8D12ED-C8C6-4A71-854C-9A86686C6F71.jpeg

54F160A1-E349-4D0F-AC9C-0CCA253972C3.jpeg

67107D68-5D7A-40CE-9911-B5C6FBE3233D.jpeg

EAB3B3BC-22B1-48A4-8C8C-79A89CFE0EFB.jpeg

Edited by johannesmutlu

Hillary Clinton Reaction GIF by Broad City

2 hours ago, johannesmutlu said:

Yeah i know most people will think that atari was misleading us with stuff that  their games were bad and/or did hardly show the capabilities of their atari jaguar system,BUT after doing my research,i do have  my conclusions at why i think that atari was not so lazy and dumb with their atari jaguar as what i always did tout for a long time ,so the atari jaguar shouldn’t have failed that hard like eventually it,as it turns out that it is actually a better system with oke games overall in my opinion,so here are the reasons,

🤔

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

2 hours ago, johannesmutlu said:

1,they did knew that platform games were in so they had,bubsy’s adventure,zoo ||,rayman etc,,, wich was probably used
against nintendo’s supermarioworld and sega’s sonic the hedge hog,
2,they knew that fighting games were hot so they came up with with kasumi ninja fighters and ultra vortek as a mortol kombat alternative and probably to eventually also compeat against nintendo’s killer instinct and sega’s virtua fighter 2 2D on genesis and eventually namco’s tekken on sony’s 32bit ps1,
3,they knew that polygonal 3D racing games were hot so they came up with checkered flag to compeat against nintendo’s stunt race fx and sega’s virtua racing,

4,they knew that in order to prove that their hardware is more capable then those 16bit machines they had to come up with 3D textured games wich they did with games such as doom,alien vs predator,skyhammer,fighters of the towers 2 etc,,,

5,they knew that flight simulator games were also hot so the came up with cybermorph and battle morph to compeat against nintendo’s starfox and sega’s starblade,
6,since they knew the CGI rendered graphical games became the next big thing they came up with rayman to compeat against nintendo’s donkeykong country and sega’s vectorman,

7,they knew that fmv games were new types of games to get emerged into video games and they knew that CD’s gonna be the next big thing so they came up with the jaguar CD addon along with games such as dragon’s lair and space ace etc,,,
8,they knew that since everybody wanted to take to jump from 2D to 3D or see modern versions of their classics on newer system, they came up with breakout 3D,missile command 3D,battlezone 2000 ,pitfall the mayan adventure etc,,,
9,also since they don’t want that people would say ‘oh i can’t play those games from other systems on it’ but also since it was easier for atari and developers to port good 16bit games to it rather then making exclusives wich fully utelizes the full capabilities of the system,many games such as wolf3D,NBA jim and primal rage etc,,, did also came out on the atari jaguar,

and whether all those mentioned games here were made by atari or it’s developers,it did came out on the atari jaguar,so it counts,
10,while everybody was screaming that atari was misleading it’s consumers and that the nintendo 64 was really more advanced,even if that’s true,we should NOT forget that there were also many many 2D games on the N64 such as pokemon puzzle leugue,the new tetris,mickey mania tetris,dr mario 64 etc,,, (yes supermario 64 really triggered people to buy a N64 ,but still,,,)
So it’s not fair to say that the N64 was per se miles better after all,the atari jaguar did and still does had it’s potential,trough i still wish that atari came out with their jagduo system as a 2 in 1 solution.

also i wish atari came up with scrapyard dog 3D for the jaguar,it might,ve become the trigger point for people to buy a atari jaguar,IF it became a good game off course,atari might as well could,ve tried to buy a license from nintendo and sega to port supermario 64 and the yet unfinished sonic extreme to the atari jaguar in an attempt to drive up more sales of the system (just remember those early 8bit days)

11,also the atari jaguar was very cheap compared to it’s later competitors and current competitors with newer systems ,becides while i do like the design of both the N64,ps1 and sega saturn much better then ‘the about to toilet ready looking’ atari jaguar,but i do like the controller of the atari jaguar as it does look & feel much better then the N64 controller,yes the atari jaguar was only supposed to compeat against the sega genesis and snes but later it had to compeat against the sony ps1 and sega saturn,and while atari did had a hard time to do so,i still think they tried what they could do within their financial range,am mean they were indeed knowing at what they were doing with their atari jaguar after all,still trough i wish they tried to push much harder with their jaguar,

FF205A3B-6E8A-440B-85E6-B1BF6D116E5D.jpeg

2B1D26F1-A8A3-43CF-A54C-93F6DEBA5908.jpeg

FB9EA5E3-1A53-4E7A-99F3-7C2E08B58C0A.jpeg

2637D3DD-96AA-44FE-8A2A-DFDC1DD3A5FC.jpeg

5A8D12ED-C8C6-4A71-854C-9A86686C6F71.jpeg

54F160A1-E349-4D0F-AC9C-0CCA253972C3.jpeg

67107D68-5D7A-40CE-9911-B5C6FBE3233D.jpeg

EAB3B3BC-22B1-48A4-8C8C-79A89CFE0EFB.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.29d9973d723b379034fcc8cd0059edc8.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Disappointed this isn't in the Jaguar section.  They'd love this sort of insight over there.

Well i wish i did put it into the jaguar section but there is no subject inside it in wich i want to put in,

there’re only 4 options i can choose from,

atari jaguar programming,

atari jaguar high score club,

atari jaguar gamedrive support and

atari jaguar gamedrive development,

now as you can imagine,this subject simply has nothing to do with it,

now if they’ve put also the option,atari jaguar discussions,i definitely would,ve put it there,

the same problem goes for if i want to talk about another system but theres sadly no matching subject option in wich i want to put my subject  in so in such case i feel my forced to put it in the subject general char discussions,so you will know that.

38 minutes ago, johannesmutlu said:

Well i wish i did put it into the jaguar section but there is no subject inside it in wich i want to put in,

there’re only 4 options i can choose from,

atari jaguar programming,

atari jaguar high score club,

atari jaguar gamedrive support and

atari jaguar gamedrive development,

now as you can imagine,this subject simply has nothing to do with it,

now if they’ve put also the option,atari jaguar discussions,i definitely would,ve put it there,

the same problem goes for if i want to talk about another system but theres sadly no matching subject option in wich i want to put my subject  in so in such case i feel my forced to put it in the subject general char discussions,so you will know that.

Not sure if you're serious, but just in case -- just click "Atari Jaguar" and post away.  You don't have to put it in one of those 4 subsections (options)

image.thumb.png.681ecad048b9a09a905e6dd293eba1b6.png

Think of that Atari Jaguar section as "Jaguar Gaming General Discussion" I guess.

• Like 3