IGNORED

My Castle Adventure. Concept VBB

alfredtdk

8 hours ago, LatchKeyKid said:

It definitely sounds authentic to the original and you're steadily progressing in adding features.   Have you decided whether you'll include the playfield lines or not?  I see you went back so figured I'd ask.   One thing that I never considered (with bB) until looking at your project is that the choice of using the ball as the player lets you put two independent (non-doubled or tripled) enemies on screen at one time with just the basic kernel; while I love the idea of a zelda style game where all of them are full sprites, this is a huge benefit to calling back to the classic adventure game instead.

I think I will probably use the standard kernel, in the mod kernel you no longer have access to the missiles, if you intend to use them in any way.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LatchKeyKid said:

It definitely sounds authentic to the original and you're steadily progressing in adding features.   Have you decided whether you'll include the playfield lines or not?  I see you went back so figured I'd ask.   One thing that I never considered (with bB) until looking at your project is that the choice of using the ball as the player lets you put two independent (non-doubled or tripled) enemies on screen at one time with just the basic kernel; while I love the idea of a zelda style game where all of them are full sprites, this is a huge benefit to calling back to the classic adventure game instead.

I think it would be cool. And just imagine that this green block would be Link.

Captura de tela_2023-11-24_20-31-56.png

Captura de tela_2023-11-24_20-16-56.png

Adventure_Zelda_Style.bas.bin

Edited by alfredtdk
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, alfredtdk said:

I think I will probably use the standard kernel, in the mod kernel you no longer have access to the missiles, if you intend to use them in any way.

Very true.  I was just assuming since you're going for the adventure style game that the enemies wouldn't be shooting at you but there are other ways to use them (like the barrier you just posted!).  It's all a tradeoff with the Atari and nothing is free when the hardware is that limited.

• 3 weeks later...