IGNORED

Sears Skiing

Cellblock1138

21 minutes ago, Cellblock1138 said:

Appreciate it Rog. My copy arrived Frankensteined. 

I am sure not all factory issued items are the same. Mattel had so many running changes, not every game might look the same. Ive opened identical brand new games that were sealed, to find different versions of the manuals on occasion. Overlays are probably no different.

Regardless, i have hundreds of extra overlays & probably have the ones you want. PM me a list of the titles you need and ill look.

shia-labeouf-magic.gif

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

I am sure not all factory issued items are the same. Mattel had so many running changes, not every game might look the same. Ive opened identical brand new games that were sealed, to find different versions of the manuals on occasion. Overlays are probably no different.

Regardless, i have hundreds of extra overlays & probably have the ones you want. PM me a list of the titles you need and ill look.

Agreed, some mix & matching definitely happened at the factory level.

9 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I kinda draw the line at overlays.  It's a no win endeavor.  Same for most manual revisions.  I do try to keep Hong Kong and USA manuals in the right boxes, though.

Same. It's the best you can do really, outside of keeping both versions of the overlays in them. I do that with my US Word Fun.

I've even opened the same 2 games that had different catalog variations in them. So there's just no telling what the "original" configuration should be at that level most of the time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, the1hatman said:

Same. It's the best you can do really, outside of keeping both versions of the overlays in them. I do that with my US Word Fun.

I've even opened the same 2 games that had different catalog variations in them. So there's just no telling what the "original" configuration should be at that level most of the time.

True true true. Like, hey, why does my French Canadian Sea Battle have Intellivision Inc. overlays? 🤷🏻‍♂️ I think the randomness of it is half the fun. Like, when you were a kid and they used to have prizes in cereal boxes and you didn’t know which one you were going to get. 

Edited by Cellblock1138