IGNORED

Settle The World (Colonization like retro indie fan game for the Amiga)

Blake00

I run the Sid Meier's Colonization fan communities and was pleased to recently discover that a fellow named Christian has been working hard on an awesome homebrew Colonization fan game for the Amiga called Settle The World. Similar to the popular Civ 4 Colonization We The People mod this game adds many features expanding on the classic Col experience (shipwrecks & more exploration rewards, boats can travel up rivers, there's more goods, jobs, buildings, terrains, units etc) with new but very familiar graphics and is filled with beautiful pedia and cutscene event artwork! He's now released a playable development version for people to try out and is eager for feedback (Note: Game is still in a early state with minimal AI).

A few days ago Christian modified his game to work with the free opensource AROS kick Rom that comes with RetroArch and WinUAE, meaning no Amiga boot roms are required anymore, so anyone can easily play this game now! The game supports multiplayer via hotseat locally or over the internet (via Steam remoteplay). He's kindly written a setup guide and I've also made one myself to help people over at CivFanatics here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/682077/

You can download the latest dev build and follow Christian's dev blog here: https://theotheoderich.itch.io/settle-the-world

For those that don't wish to mess with Amiga emulators Christian has also filmed a huge gameplay demonstration video here:

• Like 1