IGNORED

Atari50 collecton is getting an update next Tuesday!!

PowerDubs

Glad to hear they're updating it, since there are a lot of games that are in Atari Vault/Flashback Volumes that aren't in Atari 50.

Hopefully this EVENTUALLY becomes the de facto Atari comp. Still a lot of Arcade games not brought over though (which is my main concern as far as emulation goes).

Thankfully I have both so I'm good, but people who didn't get Atari Vault before it was delisted are SOL for the time being.

40 minutes ago, Warboss Gegguz said:

The Jaguar definitely does have more good games than people would think. The problem is that most of the good ones are in weird licensing limbo.

One that confuses me the most: who owns Breakout 2000?

Because it's an Atari ip, but was neither developed nor published by Atari.

Also Defender 2000 for the Jaguar. 

On 12/1/2023 at 4:29 PM, swlovinist said:

Cool that we are getting some FREE updates to an already excellent complication.   

I hope we can see some more computer games added in a future update.    

Definitely more computer games would be nice.  Also, more from the Lynx and/or Jag would be cool, too.

• Like 2

Can someone name me games developed by Atari (Atari Corp, not Atari Games mind you) for the ST? Don't get me wrong, I assume there are, since I recently read an interview from the guy that was in charge at Atari at the time and he says they made games for the ST (and also that Commodore made games for the Amiga, which is another mystery to me), but I couldn't find any...

21 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Can someone name me games developed by Atari (Atari Corp, not Atari Games mind you) for the ST? Don't get me wrong, I assume there are, since I recently read an interview from the guy that was in charge at Atari at the time and he says they made games for the ST (and also that Commodore made games for the Amiga, which is another mystery to me), but I couldn't find any...

I asked a similar question a few years ago, when I couldn't find any Atari Corp published games on the ST... I got a few interesting responses.

Was the ST Star Raiders done by Atari?  Atari Mania lists Missile Command and Star Raiders as being programmed by "Zdybel, Robert"... no company notes in the database that I see.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 1:20 PM, swlovinist said:

I think there are more updates planned, so fingers crossed.   Agree that more 8 bit and some ST games would be great.   

I’d definitely like to see some additional historical ‘artifacts’ (such as pictures, brochures, etc) and interviews as well. Don’t get me wrong, keep it up with the games!  But if they have some of those additional non-game items that were left on the cutting room floor, they would be cool to have added in also. 

On 12/9/2023 at 7:25 PM, roots.genoa said:

Here you go,

http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-st-atari-corp_publisher_4570_S_G.html

Battlezone was the first to come to mind. ARC was a pretty prolific back in the day I seem to recall. Hmm, it seems the Falcon games fall into that category too, like Road Riot 4WD, Raiden and Steel Talons. Be cool to see those games done too.

• Thanks 1

Thanks! Except for a few "big" games like Star Raiders, I mostly see educative stuff and old Atari licenses, and clearly I didn't see any of these games back then (for some reason, Algebra II and Magical Math III were not that popular on playground 😅). One of the few original (not pirated) games I had at the time was Blasteroids, but it was a port by ImageWorks of a game created by Atari Games, not Atari Corp. That's why I was wondering if Atari Corp made any...

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2023 at 3:24 AM, roots.genoa said:

Thanks! Except for a few "big" games like Star Raiders, I mostly see educative stuff and old Atari licenses, and clearly I didn't see any of these games back then (for some reason, Algebra II and Magical Math III were not that popular on playground 😅). One of the few original (not pirated) games I had at the time was Blasteroids, but it was a port by ImageWorks of a game created by Atari Games, not Atari Corp. That's why I was wondering if Atari Corp made any...

There isn't a whole lot to choose from if you stick to ST stuff published by Atari Corp.   Unlike most Atari systems, the ST had crazy amounts of third party support and very little first party.

But since Atari now picked up a bunch of Accolade and Microprose games this year, that should give them more options for ST games.