IGNORED

Questions for those of you that collect Mystique and Playaround games

T.A.P.

I notice the cases for housing the carts come in different colors. Is there a pattern to this, so certain games are always supposed to have certain case colors, or is it random?

Did only the Playaround games have locks and keys?

Is there any other in-depth source for info on those games and what all came with them?

I don't know if the color of the cases is random, but this is what I have. And they all have locks.

Bachelor Party - blue

Beat em and Eat em - brown

Custer's Revenge - red

Bachelor Party/Gigolo - blue

Beat em and Eat em/Lady in Waiting - brown

Burning Desire/Bachelorette Party - blue

Jungle Fever/Knight on the Town - blue

Philly Flasher/Cathouse Blues - blue

Thanks for the info. I found a Bachelor Party with a brown box, which makes me think someone may have just swapped it at some point.

I wasn't sure if the Mystique ones came with keys, since they usually aren't pictured in the ones for sale on eBay, and the one I got didn't have one either.

Edited by T.A.P.

• 3 weeks later...

Instead of starting a new topic on a somewhat similar subject, I'm piggy backing here...

Value check on a Mystique Entertainment Division Registration card?  IDK how I have one, as I've never owned a Mystique title to my knowledge, but I have a mediocre condition "Factory Service Center" Warranty card.
If it's worth "real" money maybe I'll sell it (on the cheap here in the forums relative to value).  If it's not, I'd be happy to mail it to a collector (free of charge) in of one to make one of their games CIB etc.

I have picked up a few more Mystique and Playaround titles, all of them New Old Stock.

I've noticed a few little details about them that I figured I'd share with others:

The Mystique and Playaround cases are slightly different from each other. In addition to the different logo on the front of the clamshell, the Mystique ones DO NOT have the tabs on the outside of the case for attaching a lock, nor do they come with the lock and key that the Playaround ones have.

I only mention this because Atariage mistakenly states that Mystique ones do have a lock and key.

The cartridge tray inside the case is also different, to match the shape of the cartridge. I have noticed it is a really snug fit on the Mystique trays. It always feels like I am going to snap the cart apart when I take the game out. It is tight enough that I have decided not to store the games inside those clamshells, which is a darn shame.

Thankfully, the Playaround carts don't have that issue.