IGNORED

It’s a crazy mixed-up world, man

k8track

In a freak mishap, I accidentally tossed a bunch of different Atari 2600 games into an industrial centrifuge and just spun them around for a while.  What emerged afterward is quite interesting:

• G.I. Joust: Gopher Strike

• Strawberry Steeplechase

• Circus Attack

• 3-D Tic-Tac-Turmoil

• Wizard of Warlords

• Canyon Frogger

• Engorfed

• Pele’s Backgammon

• Texas Checkers Massacre

• Pacfall!

• Ms. Pacfall II: Lost Castles

• Oink 500

• Megamalagai

• Custer’s Egg Catch

• Smurf Zapper

• Lochjawbreakout

• Beefsteak Math (a.k.a. Fun With Nexar)

• I Want My Mappy

• Q*zerk

• Pigs in London

• Ssstampede

• RealSports Halloween

• Kool-Aid Superman

• Swordquest: Garfield

• Bump ‘n’ Boing

• Tanks But No Wabbit

• Bachelor Programming

• Rubik’s Apprentice

• Porkslinger

• Tutankhaboom!

• B.R.I.D.G.E.

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone else?

• Haha 6

On 12/4/2023 at 9:28 AM, zzip said:

Oooh, the game I never knew I wanted since about 1982!!   :lol:

OK, for real, I specifically remember reading in a video game magazine (can’t remember if it might have been Electronic Games or Video Games Player/Computer games) back in 1983-84 about one of the Activision designers (possibly one of the Kitchens?) mentioning tongue-in-cheek that he had wanted to make a game called “Smurficide.”  It would have been in the “News and Notes” or similar section toward the front of the magazine.  I specifically remember reading it off the newsstand at Osco Drug, but I didn’t buy it.  I’m pretty sure I didn’t dream it!

I had a lot of fun writing up descriptions of some of these games!

• Hop around an electrified pyramid whilst shooting enemy robots with your nose laser
• Read the daily newspaper strip for hidden clues to help you find the fabled Lasagna Sword
• Assist your deputized porcine pals defuse bombs in WWII-era England
• Board game mayhem in San Antonio!
• Board game mayhem in São Paulo!
• Herd up cobras, copperheads, and pythons, but watch out for the dreaded black mamba!

By the way, I had a feeling that I didn’t quite get all the games out of the centrifuge, so I reached back in and I pulled out this gem:

• Oscar’s Death Trap

I also pulled out a couple more where I couldn’t quite make out the label.  But oddly enough, I do have the descriptions.  

• Help your gumshoe chum advance one lap around a crude racetrack very, very slowly in his ramshackle jalopy by solving arithmetic problems and collecting artifacts to defeat his arch-nemesis Henri Le Fiend.
• You control a baby green biplane (who can’t yet fly) climb vines and chains to rescue his poppa, a giant pink biplane bomber, from the clutches of a vengeful tank.  Along the way, you’ll drop fruit on enemy jet fighters, but you can also shoot them directly or with ricochet shots.

Can anyone help me figure out what these are?

Edited by k8track