IGNORED

Champ Games

Intellivision Master

1 hour ago, polyex said:

Would love to see that talent go to making an original game though.

I agree. Me too!

Also, are these arcade ports they make officially licensed? The website doesn't seem to have the proper copyright information listed that would be there if they were legally produced games.

2 hours ago, Glorkbot said:

I agree. Me too!

Also, are these arcade ports they make officially licensed? The website doesn't seem to have the proper copyright information listed that would be there if they were legally produced games.

I seem to recall that they got into trouble with the rights owners for selling unlicensed PC games. I don't think they are making much money from this, so I hope they can continue flying under the radar of these large companies, as it all appears to be a labor of love. I can imagine, though, that they could create an exceptional original game for the Atari if they ever decide to do so, and I sincerely hope they do.

Edited by polyex
Grammar

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

I know this has been posted in other threads about Champ Games.  But I'll post it in my thread anyway.

https://champ.games/f/tutankham-arcade-demo-roms-available-for-download

I look forward to the physical version.  I'll be picking that up once it releases.

just got down watching   this does look great   like you can't wait for the physical

• 5 months later...
Hi,
I like the new Champgames games for 2600.
But before buying roms, I would like to know what is the difference between the demo and full versions for example on robotwar and galagon.
On Demos, my scores are not recorded on the SAVEKEY. They are displayed during the game and are cleared when the console is restarted.
Does SAVEKEY work with full games?
However, the SAVEKEY is clearly detected on the game's home screen.
thank you for your answers
bruno

Yes savekey is detected but it doesn't save due to it being a demo. The demos feature just a few levels and look back around to level 1. They are not the full game with all of the features mentioned. The demos are meant for people to get a good feel for what the game is like before they purchase the cart or rom. This also helps flush out potential issues with a person's system before a purchase. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw that Champ Games website has Juno First on cart.  So, I went ahead and bought it.  I got the cart with the box, manual & poster.  The game is on backorder, hopefully it's available soon.  Anyway,  I've played the ROM before and it'll be nice to own the cart.  The game is fun.  I think it's a good shooter.

Edit: I got an email notification that it's been shipped.  

13 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

I saw that Champ Games website has Juno First on cart.  So, I went ahead and bought it.  I got the cart with the box, manual & poster.  The game is on backorder, hopefully it's available soon.  Anyway,  I've played the ROM before and it'll be nice to own the cart.  The game is fun.  I think it's a good shooter.

Juno First is a great shooter.  Konami always had my favorites from this category including Gyruss.  The JF homebrew very good, especially for the 2600.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark Descent said:

Juno First is a great shooter.  Konami always had my favorites from this category including Gyruss.  The JF homebrew very good, especially for the 2600.

If you collect boxes, you can purchase the Konami box variant from Marc Oberhäuser’s Etsy store. You can buy with confidence as Marc makes a quality box. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

If you collect boxes, you can purchase the Konami box variant from Marc Oberhäuser’s Etsy store. You can buy with confidence as Marc makes a quality box. 

Yeah, I saw that. I've purchased a few boxes from Marc before.  I always check to see if Marc has boxes when I find a naked homebrew cart.

• Like 1

I bought Champ's Gorf and Turbo. 

Gorf is the game it should have been with all of the stages. It really is close to the Arcade. Amazing job. 

Turbo - I don't know how they did this either. I mean it's difficult for me to play with a joystick So far...but I remember the CV one with the wheel...forgot about how the stages went through the day (just like Enduro). 

What a blast. 

• Like 1