IGNORED

First Person Shooter Documentary

JaggingUK

The Jaguar for me will always be associated with Doom which for me is one of my favourite games ever. Wolfenstein holds fond memories too as when I was at university studying engineering I saw that on one of the PCs in the computer lab and was blown away by how great it looked… Recently I spotted ‘First Person Shooter’ a 4 hour documentary about the rise of the FPS as a gaming gendre and loved how it looked going from the Wolfenstein days through to Goldeneye and Halo and everything in between. It was a Kickstarter campaign that I had missed but the company who made it have spare stock left over after the campaign and are selling it for another few days for a limited time- there may be a week left but once the stocks gone it’s gone. I’ve ordered it on blu ray even though it was expensive at £40… Just thought I’d pass the information on as maybe some people on here have a fondness for First Person Shooters too… FPSDOC.COM… I’ve bought it as a Xmas present to myself however sad that sounds - it’s region free and they ship worldwide from UK. It does look great with excellent reviews so maybe one or two others with a fondness for Doom might appreciate it too.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Finally finished watching this. At 4+ hours, it's a beast, and took me several sittings to get through. Very good material though. It sort of trails off a little towards the end, but for the defining years of the genre, it really dove deep, and I appreciate the time dedicated to those years.

I was especially happy to see Descent included. In the era of Doom clones, Descent delivered something fresh. That's one of those games it would be really cool to see someone port to the Jaguar generation of consoles. I see it was ported to the PlayStation, but nothing else from that era.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cubanismo said:

I was especially happy to see Descent included. In the era of Doom clones, Descent delivered something fresh. That's one of those games it would be really cool to see someone port to the Jaguar generation of consoles. I see it was ported to the PlayStation, but nothing else from that era.

Dr Typos Tube3D engine could likely manage this well with flat shaded poly rendering.

• Like 1