IGNORED

Looking for playable Vector engine demo (not vector demo).

Beeblebrox

As part of the now legendary Numen demo, the vector engine was used as part of the interconnecting elements of the demo. 

I can see here there is a standalone playable Vector engine:

I am after the xex for this engine. 

All I can find is the xex for the vector demo, which is also playable, but is just a green screen version where you appear to be inside a building all the time. Very impressive but not the outside colour one above. 

So to clarify I am not looking for the following, I am after the multicolor one in the first video. 

Unless it's part of the vector collection, but I can't seem to find that. Only the single vector demo xex. 

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 3

Here it is. It was part of some files @Heaven/TQA posted some years ago -- with a bunch of individual modules from Numen.

Note: I've labeled the file "PAL", but I think it plays fine on NTSC; it's just that the colors are intended for PAL machines.

It probably uses the same keys as Vector, I haven't played it for a while; so, I'm not sure.

[Edit]

He can switch to a couple of different weapons using the <"2"> and <"3"> keys. I don't think they can fire anything, but they look pretty cool. Actually, there's an older version of this demo too, that's all in grayscale. The weapons actually look even nicer there. It (the older version) uses some color when you either pick up a medpack or touch an enemy; this (newer) demo doesn't do that.

Numen - Game [PAL].xex

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, MrFish said:

Actually, there's an older version of this demo too, that's all in grayscale. The weapons actually look even nicer there. It (the older version) uses some color when you either pick up a medpack or touch an enemy; this (newer) demo doesn't do that.

Here's the older version I was talking about. The weapons look better because you have more colors in Graphics 9 than Graphics 10.

Untitled-1.thumb.png.4fc302140c5a922019e86e840f3ac162.png

Untitled-2.thumb.png.a5849d661538e6087055125e9bfdd996.png

Untitled-3.thumb.png.7bd8255a83b90a63a273755a3301dd2b.png

Numen - Game (old) [PAL].xex

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2