IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

30 minutes ago, IcedCornholio said:

1.1r6 -- the ones I thought were the latest (July 2024)?

Can confirm Rampage 7800 works fine on it. The Atari 2600+ official compatibility lists shows it as working (DD), but it will not work for me. As I said it works on an original 7800 so I don't think it's circuit board related...unless it is LOL

Ok, you have 1.1r6 firmware, but make sure you also update the dumper to version x.03.  Many people update the firmware but not the dumper because they don't realize the dumper is a separate update.  If you have updated it, then please forgive my butting in.  🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IcedCornholio said:

1.1r6 -- the ones I thought were the latest (July 2024)?

Can confirm Rampage 7800 works fine on it. The Atari 2600+ official compatibility lists shows it as working (DD), but it will not work for me. As I said it works on an original 7800 so I don't think it's circuit board related...unless it is LOL

There is still a chance it’s dirty/corroded pin related. The 2600+ is a little picky, especially with Activision carts. I’ve gotten in the habit of only inserting carts 1/2 to 3/4 of the way in. If I still get a loading issue, fiddling with the cart in the slot usually resolves it. I also deep cleaned all my carts to get them as good as possible. 

The 7800+ (and a yet to be released 2nd rev 2600+) is supposed to have a redesigned cartridge slot that reads the carts better. I suspect that, plus the FW updates should fix these issues once and for all.