IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

On 2/13/2024 at 8:45 PM, Brad_from_the_80s said:

Haven't had much new come in lately, but rounding out a few gaps in the old collection.  A rare manual with a loose cart.  And I have 7800 Dig Dug, but I do like 2600 version.

20240213_144038-Copy.thumb.jpg.cc01ac3b3a79cdafa866cf197622f633.jpg

I actually prefer the 2600 version of Dig Dug to the 7800's. 

• Like 2

I was happy to pick this up earlier in the week. I payed £55 thou it is quite rare at the moment, especially with a colour label.

A very good version for the 2600, minus the speech and music of the C64 version obviously.

Has there been an enhanced homebrew version of this 2600 game? 🤔

DSC_0007.JPG

• Like 8

It’s been a productive couple of months of collecting for me. Picked up a few gems that I’ve been wanting for a long time now. I even unearthed a box of Atari branded games in a bookshelf I had forgotten about. 

So counting both 7800 and 2600 games, I’m at a respectable 191 and one column away from filling up both my 2600+ drawers. I’ve got 2 more on the way that aren’t pictured below (Kool-Aid Man, and Private Eye). 

The majority of my games work on 1.1r2 FW. All are NTSC, and have been tested against my close to death 7800. 

Only games that don’t yet work are:

• Pitfall 2
  • James Bond 007
  • Smurf Rescue
  • Time Pilot
  • Zaxxon
  • All 2600 games that need the keyboard controller

Time now to just kick back and work on my high scores. 👍🏼 

IMG_3950.thumb.jpeg.e213d36ce3667ec1f781e6f78cf74edc.jpeg

IMG_3952.thumb.jpeg.ad97f04d5422a62771c0d0c2c93ff05a.jpeg

Edited by MikeM_
  • Like 13

Just now, Peloquin17 said:

It’s been so hard to find 7800 games by me. They used to be all over the place and people couldn’t give them away. 

Yeah, I’m really glad I picked mine up a couple years back. What is out there is so much more expensive now. 

• Like 1

Here are my lastest pick-ups.  I think I'm done for a while.🤣 I've been buying more games than I have time to play and I bought all the new 7800 re-releases, controller and extension cord as well. Time to finish/master some of these games and chill for a while. I also need to sell all my doubles from back in the day, clear the clutter and use that money to buy a few more games that I want. 

8qOn5zO.jpeg

I got this shrink wrapped lot in one listing for what I think is a good price ($70 + S&H).  They all have that too tight shrink wrap, in a packing box for too long, slightly warped boxes thing going on, but they are in decent shape. 

3IxquO9.jpeg

• Like 8

16 hours ago, shane857 said:

I was happy to pick this up earlier in the week. I payed £55 thou it is quite rare at the moment, especially with a colour label.

A very good version for the 2600, minus the speech and music of the C64 version obviously.

Has there been an enhanced homebrew version of this 2600 game? 🤔

DSC_0007.JPG

Who you gonna call?  As for a homebrew version, I'm not sure. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MikeM_ said:

Yeah, I’m really glad I picked mine up a couple years back. What is out there is so much more expensive now. 

I got Robotron for the 7800 loose. The price wasn't too high.  It is ridiculous how much these 7800 games are going for now.  That's why it's good that Atari is bringing out the re-releases at a reasonable cost.  I think $30 is the sweet spot.  No reason to pay more.  Also, with the re-releases you get the game complete with the box and manual which is nice. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Major Havoc 2049 said:

Here are my lastest pick-ups.  I think I'm done for a while.🤣 I've been buying more games than I have time to play and I bought all the new 7800 re-releases, controller and extension cord as well. Time to finish/master some of these games and chill for a while. I also need to sell all my doubles from back in the day, clear the clutter and use that money to buy a few more games that I want. 

8qOn5zO.jpeg

I got this shrink wrapped lot in one listing for what I think is a good price ($70 + S&H).  They all have that too tight shrink wrap, in a packing box for too long, slightly warped boxes thing going on, but they are in decent shape. 

3IxquO9.jpeg

Lucky!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kuff Dam said:

My latest purchases waiting to be cleaned. This Atari nostalgia is costing me a fortune 😀

20240215_150839.jpg

Same here! lol . Beamrider, now that's a rare one. Here in the U.K anyway. Tower toppler and motor psycho are 2 I would like to get hold of. Both underrated games in my opinion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kuff Dam said:

My latest purchases waiting to be cleaned. This Atari nostalgia is costing me a fortune 😀

20240215_150839.jpg

But you got great games 🤙

I do not have King Kong, how do you like it?

Glad that I got Beamrider 2008😊

Edited by DEANJIMMY

King Kong isn't that great to be honest, it's a Donkey Kong clone and it's quite slow but at least the cartridge looks good 😁.

I picked up Beamrider for £25 which is pretty cheap in comparison to the prices on Ebay so I'm very happy with that find.

• Like 3

Here we have...

Fire Birds on the left and Sky Alien on the right😉

Even the originals are the same game with different sprites.

I got Scorpion long time ago and today Space Raider arrived, which might be the same game as "Invasion der Ufos" but I like my label more🤗

And they play well🕹

20240215_190555.jpg

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 6

55 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Ikari Warriors is really good, as is Ms. Pac-Man. 

Ikari Warriors 7800 is my Great White Buffalo. Way too expensive right now for my preference. Tough to find a loose NTSC copy too. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kuff Dam said:

King Kong isn't that great to be honest, it's a Donkey Kong clone and it's quite slow but at least the cartridge looks good 😁.

I picked up Beamrider for £25 which is pretty cheap in comparison to the prices on Ebay so I'm very happy with that find.

I actually like King Kong. Not as polished as the CBS Donkey Kong, Quite addictive thou. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Here we have...

Fire Birds on the left and Sky Alien on the right😉

Even the originals are the same game with different sprites.

I got Scorpion long time ago and today Space Raider arrived, which might be the same game as "Invasion der Ufos" but I like my label more🤗

And they play well🕹

20240215_190555.jpg

Cool Artwork. 👍 I don't like all the white label carts that were sold. H.E.R.O , Pitfall etc. Really bland. Activision carts mainly.

When you look at carts like these, It really makes you want to play the game.

• Like 3