IGNORED

New HAGA hard drive games

Hi guys,

Been awhile but I have made a lot of HAGA hard drive adapted conversions and adaptations in the time that are available on Ppera's site for download.

Since the old thread is locked, here is a new one with updates.

New HAGA conversions:

Alien Storm
Alien Syndrome
All Points Bulletin aka APB
Axel's Magic Hammer
Big Run
Blinky's Scary School
Bubble Dizzy
Bug Bash
Buggy Boy
Cadaver
Chaos Engine - it needs less RAM with STE
Chase HQ
Chuckie Egg
Chuckie Egg 2
Cisco Heat
CJ in USA
Cloud Kingdoms
Corporation
Cybernoid
Cybernoid 2
Edd the Duck
Eliminator
Forgotten Worlds  (done mostly by Peter- thanks!)
Frankenstein
Frenetic
Gemini Wing
Gods
Hell Bent
Honda RVF
Indigo
Jim Power
Kamikaze
Kid Gloves 2
Knightmare
Magicland Dizzy
Magic Pockets
Mega Twins
Nebulus
Netherworld
Outrun Europa
Pipe Dream (aka Pipe Mania)
Flimbos Quest
Prince of the Yolkfolk Dizzy
Quartz

Rana Rama
Rick Dangerous
Rick Dangerous 2
Risky Woods
Saint Dragon
Shinobi
Snoopy
Spellbound Dizzy
Starquake
Street Fighter
Street Fighter 2
Strider
Strider 2
Stunt Car Racer
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles: The Coin-Op
Top Cat (assist from Peter!)
Torvak the Warrior
Treasure Island Dizzy

Video Kid
Xenon

New HAGA adaptations:

Army Moves
Cadaver the Payoff
ESWAT: Cyber Police

All games have instructions in their zips.  If none were available, I typed/OCRed them.

And to add to these, Peter has done so many new adaptations also in the meanwhile.  Visit the download page for all the files:

https://atari.8bitchip.info/fromhd3.php.

And the forum thread where Peter's (and mine) new releases are announced:

https://forum.8bitchip.info/atari-software/new-game-adaptations/

Edited by TheNameOfTheGame
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Yes, those were GAMEX adaptations though.  GAMEX is Peter's oldest system and has some limitations including needing a hard disk driver and therefore can't be run on hatari or steem without an ASCI image w/driver.

HAGA is his newest system and can run driver independent i.e. also direct from gemdos drive in hatari.  It also allows games to be run on various machines including Falcon.  And then it has in-game save states without leaving the running game.  Overall a better system.  So I've been converting the older GAMEX games over to the new system.  Those are the games listed under "New HAGA conversions".  Peter has a introduction to HAGA over at his website: https://atari.8bitchip.info/hagaIntr.html.

Of course, games I have under "New HAGA adaptations" are new ones, not on GAMEX or HAGA previously.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Nice, makes much more sense now. I have been often wondering whether / how often the adaptations are updated, i.e. if someone reports a bug which happens to be in the loader itself. With 1000+ games using the same loader... that could be quite a challenge.

Now I read HAGA's description, it's a nice system. With its custom TOS it is much closer to WHDLoad on Amiga (which also implements own OS routines, AFAIK). Especially the shared kernel part is pretty cool.

Edited by mikro
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, eebuckeye said:

I believe Peter was working on a new menu system awhile back - is he still working that or is this the new version?   Looks awesome!

The launcher from the other thread is an alternative launcher that I've been working on.  Not related to Peter's launcher.

Edited by TheNameOfTheGame
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, 8bitrocket said:

Your launcher and HAGA conversions are excellent. I Have been making little 5MB ASCI hard drive images of the GameX games that I try to use in Hatari, but Haga versions would solve the need for those! 

Thanks, that is also one of the reasons I started converting the older GAMEX games.  Plus the save state handling is better in HAGA.  If there are any specific GAMEX games you are interested in getting conversions for, let me know!

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2023 at 6:34 PM, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Thanks, that is also one of the reasons I started converting the older GAMEX games.  Plus the save state handling is better in HAGA.  If there are any specific GAMEX games you are interested in getting conversions for, let me know!

Wonderful!

Excelent job!

The menu launcher is also great,

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...