IGNORED

My VCS Cartridge of Space Invaders doesn't seems to works

Karadoc

Hi, I'd purchased a Space Invaders in box to play on my 2600+

But the problem it's that it seems to be an empty cartridge 

Is it the case or i have to do something to manage playing with it?

Thanks for answers Cheers from France 

An old fashionned Atari ST User 

2600 space invaders pic 1.jpg

2600 space invaders pic 2.jpg

Well it's an old one, but Space Invaders should work fine.  Why do you think it's empty?  Doesn't really look tampered with, from what I can see.

If you gently but firmly push a very small screwdriver or something through one of those little windows you can push the internal door down and it will let you push the spring-loaded dust cover into the cartridge, revealing the circuit board contacts.  They may just need cleaning.

Unless it really is empty for some reason, no sure how to explain that one.

2 minutes ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

Well it's an old one, but Space Invaders should work fine.  Why do you think it's empty?  Doesn't really look tampered with, from what I can see.

If you gently but firmly push a very small screwdriver or something through one of those little windows you can push the internal door down and it will let you push the spring-loaded dust cover into the cartridge, revealing the circuit board contacts.  They may just need cleaning.

Unless it really is empty for some reason, no sure how to explain that one.

the game works i'm an absolute noob on this console i didn't know that i've just to push well and the connection appears Thanks for the answer And sorry for this fake alert I'm a 16 bits user ^^

@KaradocAs Brad mentions, you just might not see the contacts as some cartridges will have a protective enclosure (such as Space Invaders) and it may need a cleaning like mentioned.

Here's a little video I made recently about cleaning Atari 2600 cartridges and an example of how to access the contacts for cleaning (and on the ones that have the protective enclosure). :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Karadoc said:

Mine seems working perfectly but the game is though 

I'm thinking that this game needs an enhanced version with drive gear controller compatibility 

Space Invaders with a paddle controller? Hadn’t occurred to me, but could be a winner!

Over 100 gane modes seems waaaaayyyy over the top for this cart - I mean that has to be the record, right? 

24 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

I have had the same issue with all three of the Space Invaders carts I have, issue is a fair number of shots both from me and the enemies simply don't display on the screen. They are there and can hit stuff or me, but they just don't display. Happens maybe one out of five or so shots.

Think this has been reported elsewhere, but was also suggested to be sure your display is in game mode or has post-processing features like motion smoothing turned off if you're using a modern TV.  I'm not sure there is any issue with Space Invaders beyond that, as I have not seen this on my NTSC version.

12 hours ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

@Brad_from_the_80s , @MysticSword

You both seem to have missed his second post, with some assistance he has played it successfully and asked for the thread to be closed. 🤷‍♂️

cause i'm a new member my post need validation and you see them later it's create a bit confusion on the thread 

• Like 2