IGNORED

??? Defective Atari 2600+ Console ??? or something else ???

E. King

16 hours ago, scifidude79 said:

It's always nice to see a company stand by their product. Unfortunately, these kind of defects can happen with anything. But, it's good that you were able to troubleshoot it and send him out a new one.

Well, AgentOrange96 was almost unbeleiveably unlucky because not only was his machine faulty. His 10 in 1 cartridge was also faulty. I've not untill today seen a single newly manufactured cart be faulty.

As I stated before I've replaced the PCBs inside the machine and now I've swapped out the the 10 in 1 cart. @AgentOrange96 I will send the machine back now in the New Year.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

The Atari is back in the states and worked first try! Thank you very much @Ben from Plaion!

I'll make a follow up video this weekend as I think it's important. If there are any updates on what was defective on the original board and/or any comment on process improvements, I'd be more happy to include that as well.

Mostly I hope fewer people run into this issue going forward and that when people do, they're taken seriously rather than dismissed by other customers/community members. (I haven't seen Atari or Plaion act dismissive)

I'll post an update once I have a new video upload. Again, thank you Ben and thank you to everyone else who has been supportive or constructively critical.

IMG20240110183538.jpg

• Like 3