IGNORED

Atari Halloween Costume?

foxglove9

Okay, I found it. Good thing I'm an e-mail packrat. Speak & Spell is an awesome idea. I might steal that one. I'm attaching a picture of my costume from last year too.

--------------------------------------

Atari 2600 Joystick Costume

Ingedients:

Mirror Moving Box

Can of Black Spray Paint

Some Rope

Orange and Red Construction Paper

Scissors

Duct or Packing Tape

Stapler

1) Get a box for moving mirrors. Basically a big box that's only a few inches thick. I got mine at U-Haul for $5. Cut it down to about 3x3 feet if it's too big, or maybe a little smaller if you want to be able to walk around the Halloween party easier. Assemble the box and tape the ends.

2) Now cut a hole in the center a little bit bigger than you. You should be able to put it on the floor and easily step in the middle and pull it up around your waist. Give yourself a little extra room too.

3) Now take it outside and spray paint it black. Cardboard absorbs a lot of paint, so give it two or three coats.

4) When it dries, grab yourself an Atari 2600 joystick for reference. Cut out the little rectangles, arrows, and the word "top" from the orange construction paper just the way they look on the controller. Attach the paper to the box with staples. Cut out a big red circle for the button and staple that on too.

5) Make a strap with the rope. Make two small holes on the bottom of the box right outside the perimeter of the big hole, diagonal from each other. Now attach the rope to one of the holes. The rope will go across your shoulder and down to the other hole. Figure out how much rope you need to wear it comfortably, cut it, and attach it to the other hole. Use a little tape to guard against the rope tearing the holes out.

6) Wear a black shirt and the optional orange ski hat. Congratulations, you are a Joystick.

post-630-1066702001_thumb.jpg

post-630-1066702002_thumb.jpg