IGNORED

Here is a video of the Chameleon cart performing the SGM hardware test

rietveld

5 hours ago, 5-11under said:

I'm assuming it's a processor.

It goes through the cartridge port so really it's only address and data lines, +5 and ground.

So whatever it is, it provides the missing components for an SGM.  Most likely in virtual.
So if it was an FPGA it would be a virtual circuit while if it was a processor it would be running emulated code.

Either way, it's a creative device that may put some people outta bidnis.

I'm working on an ADAM card that is an FPGA which provides everything under one roof and uses drivers to run a virtual AY8930 for extended sound and drivers for a 9939 for extended video.  But that is for an ADAM with the extra IO lines. 

I am not 100% on how this works without conflicting with inner circuitry unless it accesses ports in a way I haven't toyed with yet.

Edited by Captain Cozmos

Hi,

I want to build my sd card while waiting for my Chameleon to arrive, but I cannot find any documentation. Can someone please tell me what to format my SD card as, what game formats are compatible, max size of the SD card allowed, if folders and subfolders are allowed, if the folders / subfolders need specific names, if the game files need special nomenclature (such as no spaces, limited number of characters permitted, no caps, first character cap only, etc.) and the maximum number of game files allowed per folder / subfolder?

T