IGNORED

VCS power supply

STeSearcher

I would have sworn that there was a thread before about this, but I can't find it, so...

A long time ago, I posted these photos in a thread asking about the power supply. 🙂

I also have a universal laptop power supply with the correct end connected, as a spare.
The universal adapter tip is a small blue barrel connector. It's useful when travelling.

As it's input is 100-240v, it's the same PSU for all regions, with just a different cable
between it and the wall, for different regions. A normal clover ended cable, if it helps.

THe official one label, from a first-run IndieGogo backer Collector's model VCS.

vcs_psu.thumb.jpeg.a1b8d18b893ff4a7380a78e41f992d42.jpeg

vcs_plug.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2023 at 6:02 AM, justclaws said:

I would have sworn that there was a thread before about this, but I can't find it, so...

A long time ago, I posted these photos in a thread asking about the power supply. 🙂

I also have a universal laptop power supply with the correct end connected, as a spare.
The universal adapter tip is a small blue barrel connector. It's useful when travelling.

As it's input is 100-240v, it's the same PSU for all regions, with just a different cable
between it and the wall, for different regions. A normal clover ended cable, if it helps.

THe official one label, from a first-run IndieGogo backer Collector's model VCS.

vcs_psu.thumb.jpeg.a1b8d18b893ff4a7380a78e41f992d42.jpeg

vcs_plug.jpeg

Yes, that is what mine looks like.  I was an original backer.

• 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, sonicdemon11 said:

Hello everyone! I lost my Atari VCS power plug. (I have no idea how 🤦) and was wondering if anyone knew of a place to buy a replacement or possibly alternatives. Thanks!

The whole power adapter or just the wall plug end?

8 hours ago, sonicdemon11 said:

The whole power adapter.

Ah, then yes, just what @scifidude79 said.  As long as it meets the same specs.  Must be 19.0V and at least 3.42A.  Voltage matters but as long as the amperage is not lower than 3.42A, you'll be good.  Do make sure you pay attention to the polarity on the plug too, you don't want to fry your VCS.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sonicdemon11 said:

Thanks guys! Is there a specific name for the port the power supply would plug into on the vcs? I know laptop power supplys come in so many shapes and sizes lol

Power port maybe?  You also might try contacting Atari, they may be able to assist you in getting the correct one.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...