IGNORED

Rainbow, a new game from the LynxJam 2023

karri

Just in time for Christmas I wrote a new mini adventure. The game is written im parallell for Atari Lynx and for Atari 7800. It is still a bit work-in-progress. But I hope to have the final out during 2023.

The topic of the jam this year was to create anything using the provided sprite sheet.

image.thumb.png.5d95eba0dd8a5319909036655bb9091b.png

Developers created all kind of minigames. The entry by me and @MrZarniwoop was a small quest for saving the rainbow. The game will appear on this page soon... Perhaps at Christmas :) 

• Like 8

I am still coding in different kind of minigames. But the storyline is now complete.

Nyttkuva2023-12-20165050.thumb.png.3d5600bd22c3a29b61a3282de918247c.png

Nyttkuva2023-12-20163818.thumb.png.2f61a8888d9fc87067a2a13f28c7604d.png

The big thanks goes to @bsteux for creating this interesting cc7800 compiler that was used for making this game.

And also to @MrZarniwoop for fixing the language of this text adventure.

And last the WIP binary. Updated 27.12.2023. Just three minigames still missing (labyrinth, whack-a-mole, flying axes)

rainbow.a78

Happy New Year. The improved versions will also appear in this page as I keep updating the game until I have everything written in it that was planned.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, gambler172 said:

Hi Karri

great work. You know, that the game needs a dragon ?

Yes I know. But I hope to learn how to mix full screen animations with text adventures to really let your dragon shine :)

Besides, I wanted to make a cute, friendly, not scary at all mission close to Christmas. No blood splashing all over the screen. I have got an overload of that stuff from the news. 

3 minutes ago, karri said:

Yes I know. But I hope to learn how to mix full screen animations with text adventures to really let your dragon shine :)

Besides, I wanted to make a cute, friendly, not scary at all mission close to Christmas. No blood splashing all over the screen. I have got an overload of that stuff from the news. 

Hi my friend

My dragon is friendly 😁

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Rainbow on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us in the chat!

Games:

20240109-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.7e663ffe3fa65da4e41f2d1edb59745d.jpg

• Like 1