IGNORED

Breaking out the RGB to a Genesis 2 style connector for use with HDRetrovision cables

eightbit

I am just curious if anyone has tried this on a CoCo3?

For years I have seen people break out to SCART and then use some HDMI or other scaler to get to a TV. 

But, I wonder how it would be if we can break out the RGB to a Genesis 2 style female DIN connector and connect HDRetrovision cables to it and output to a component ready CRT TV? I would imagine it would look quite incredible on a Sony Trinitron...if it works that is.

Edited by eightbit

Easiest is straight to a compatable rgb monitor.. then rgb to scart - hdmi

The signals are closer to vga type and some people have made those.. but the component video is not the same rgb even though they used those colors on the cable.

But the video out on the rgb pins is really nice., and worth figuring something out.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 8:52 AM, MrDave said:

Easiest is straight to a compatable rgb monitor.. then rgb to scart - hdmi

The signals are closer to vga type and some people have made those.. but the component video is not the same rgb even though they used those colors on the cable.

But the video out on the rgb pins is really nice., and worth figuring something out.

RGB can be transcoded to component video with the proper hardware. That is what the HDRetrovision cables do internally. Getting the RGB output to a consumer CRT TV via component (to a TV that pre-dates HDMI) would be super. I have an idea that I think will work. 

I will post an update soon!

Edited by eightbit