IGNORED

The problem with paddle games in the Stella emulator. I need help

kikipdph

I wanted to create a game that uses both the paddle and joystick, but the Stella emulator couldn't run it when I wrote the code in Batari Basic. 'Fatal error' is the message Stella displayed.

I downloaded the Turbo Arcade Demo that uses a paddle, and Stella couldn't run it either. In both cases, it's a DPC+ game. I haven't tried other homebrew games; I tried Kaboom, and it works without any issues.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Edited by kikipdph

Stella doesn't auto detect the correct cartridge type for Turbo Arcade. (It chooses 3F.) If you manually change the cartridge type to CDF in Options>Game Properties after you see the error, Stella will launch it correctly. Perhaps you're having a similar issue with your game.

11 hours ago, xeex said:

Stella doesn't auto detect the correct cartridge type for Turbo Arcade. (It chooses 3F.) If you manually change the cartridge type to CDF in Options>Game Properties after you see the error, Stella will launch it correctly. Perhaps you're having a similar issue with your game.

Thank you, that helped for Turbo arcade, but not for me, and I found on the forum that Batari Basic DPC+ does not support paddle :(

• Sad 1