IGNORED

Mario Bros.

Tursi

57 minutes ago, retrodroid said:

You must be fun at parties! ;)

I am, for all intents and purposes, boring as hell, and most certainly not fun.  All efforts should be exercised, and energy expended, to avoid me.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, retrodroid said:

Well ignorance must be bliss then...

I gave a presentation last year to our R&D team covering the Qakbot attack chain because a major customer got hit. My point was to educate them on how easily our products got caught up in the ransomware stage, and that even though one of our products wasn't victim zero, how easily it could have been. After the meeting, a lot of people really enjoyed the presentation, but one guy was absolutely terrified to touch his computer again. This was a principal electrical engineer with 30+ years of experience, but I apparently scared the bejeezus out of him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

I am, for all intents and purposes, boring as hell, and most certainly not fun.  All efforts should be exercised, and energy expended, to avoid me.

I know better than that, my friend--you are one of the refreshing folk in my life!  :) On operating system security, about the only one that has been mathematically proven to be bug/exploit free is a little microkernel OS called seL4. Any input will give a known (and expected) output. Of course, it is also only about 5,000 lines of code, so functionality is a bit more limited. It actually works great as a smart phone OS that is more secure than anything else out there.