IGNORED

New toys for Christmas

hloberg

2 hours ago, Appeelicious said:

My family surprised me with the Lego Atari 2600. I also got a Gamestation Pro from my arcade. And secretly, to myself, I got a retro gaming monster joystick. It's kind of nice, it's 2 button compatible and has a button mapped to up. I plan on clearing out some space to get my TI99 out again for 2024. Exciting times.

nice haul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/25/2023 at 7:06 AM, hloberg said:

Anyone got some new retro toys for Christmas. I sorta did, I bought me a TiPi & FinalGROM a couple weeks ago. Real Christmas I got some stuff for my other hobby; N scale train buildings for my layout.

Sort-of for me, too.  My Shift-838 IDE board arrived the week before Christmas, along with a cartridge-breakout board.  Also, I ran across a LogicPort analyzer I had bought ages ago (and forgot about) in my storage.  Now I can play with (hack) cartridges!

The N-scale stuff sounds cool, too.  I have been working on my first layout, except that the cat took it over as a tanning bed.

K-R.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, retroclouds said:

Got myself an evercade VS. Fake retro, but it allows me to play Sydney Hunter. Good enough for me. The Collectorvision Phoenix is basically unobtainium, at least in Europe.

Which is funny considering how many people bitch about how they want to get rid of theirs cause it's not perfect. ;)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kchula-Rrit said:

Sort-of for me, too.  My Shift-838 IDE board arrived the week before Christmas, along with a cartridge-breakout board.  Also, I ran across a LogicPort analyzer I had bought ages ago (and forgot about) in my storage.  Now I can play with (hack) cartridges!

The N-scale stuff sounds cool, too.  I have been working on my first layout, except that the cat took it over as a tanning bed.

K-R.

IMG_20231226_182439770_HDR.thumb.jpg.143344eb1a2c3123b8a1383ee19c783c.jpg

Just started my layout. Small, since I don't have a lot space in my home office, but it's fun to build.

• Like 4

Started mine during the Corona epidemic.  I'm making a 3x8 footer, basically an oval with some sidings.  Track is laid, but not much else.  Got discouraged when the locomotive consistently "jumps the track" at one spot.  Not looking forward to ungluing all that track!

To stay on the topic, I got a snow-plow for my ATV, which guaranteed no snow for Christmas.  Curse you, Murphy!  8-)

K-R.

Edited by Kchula-Rrit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Kchula-Rrit said:

Started mine during the Corona epidemic.  I'm making a 3x8 footer, basically an oval with some sidings.  Track is laid, but not much else.  Got discouraged when the locomotive consistently "jumps the track" at one spot.  Not looking forward to ungluing all that track!

mine is simple green grass sheet stapled around bottom and Kato track nailed on top.

14 hours ago, Kchula-Rrit said:

To stay on the topic, I got a snow-plow for my ATV, which guaranteed no snow for Christmas.  Curse you, Murphy!  8-)

K-R.

Snow, what's snow? :)

actually when I lived in Atlanta we once had snow on the 26th of December. closest we ever had to a white Christmas. Here in Central Tx. we get a dusting every few years or so.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

My grampa used to say, Murphy was an optimist.

Your Gandpa was an optimist ... 

But hey, an optimist is not someone who thinks that everything will turn out well ... an optimistist is a person that thinks he will be doing well, not matter how things turn out ... 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, SteveB said:

Your Gandpa was an optimist ... 

But hey, an optimist is not someone who thinks that everything will turn out well ... an optimistist is a person that thinks he will be doing well, not matter how things turn out ... 

I tried be an optimist, but I never thought it would do any good. :P

• Haha 2

The Model 1 sounds like a great score!  I used to see them in Radio Shack, before getting sucked-in by TI's 16-Bit computer advertisement.

Three things arrived today!  First, the equipment.  I finally bought a "real" bench-top power supply, a three-output model with two 0-30V and one 0-5V outputs.

A couple of ZIP-DIPs arrived for my DoG cartridge project.

Then I went to the mailbox and found my Cartridge-to-Breadboard adapter boards. to use for the DoG project.

K-R.