IGNORED

Demon Attack

SuperPacMan

10 hours ago, rietveld said:

Is this a 'ground up ' build or is it a port?   I have never seen it on the MSX

Ripped the graphics from the TI, added a few graphics as the TI version doesn't have split aliens or bombs, built the code from scratch.

Oh! I didn't know I got my name on the label. ;) Thanks CollectorVision!

Edited by Tursi
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, christo930 said:

Demon Attack is one of those games that just doesn't do well outside of the 2600.

I somewhat agree with you but I think the Intellivision version is right up there as far as game play goes. 

And as a bonus it also includes the alien ship

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rietveld said:

I somewhat agree with you but I think the Intellivision version is right up there as far as game play goes. 

All my childhood memories are with the 2600 version, but, I will never forget the day I saw the screenshot of the Intellivision version with the mother ship in the Imagic catalog.

I was salivating at it!

But, I was also furious that they had added something so hugely different to another consoles version that we didn’t get.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rietveld said:

To me, the 2600 version looks way better. The art work just really lends itself better to the 2600.   Having the boss level is OK, I guess, but it isn't Demon Attack.  Demon Attack was first released on the 2600 and so, in my mind, it is the "right" one.  The enemies are big and single color. 

Surprisingly, the Odyssey2 version of Demon Attack is also very good looking and is pretty close to the 2600 version, at least going by video. I don't have a copy of Demon Attack for the O2.