IGNORED

I found out something about the Atari 2600+

Spanner

I was testing some of my cards yesterday then all of a sudden it stopped load all cards, whatever I put in the slot it would say `Load failed`, I took mine apart and forgot to put in the screws that hold the main CPU board in where the 16 pins connect, so I pushed it back in and now all games work again, this might be why some are having problems loading cards make sure the screws are in properly in the main CPU board and it pushed in properly, they could of easy missed it at the factory, they are only human... :) they are hand built so not put together by robots.

Edited by Spanner
  • Like 2

THEC64 Factory Video, its the same factory the Atari 2600+ was made, probably Ben Jones recorded it... :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jLPYCfJJR7w

The Atari2600+ wouldn't exist if it was not for THEC64 Mini, it started it all... :) same as THEA500 Mini and the Capcom Home Arcade won't exist too.

THEC64 Mini was built by PLAION(Koch Media) Ben Jones and Firmware was made by Retro Games Ltd in 28th March 2018(PAL Version), 9th October 2018 NTCS version was released, it was a big hit, RGL were the only company that made updates to THEC64 firmware, Sega, Nintendo didn't.

Edited by Spanner
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Spanner said:

I was testing some of my cards yesterday then all of a sudden it stopped load all cards, whatever I put in the slot it would say `Load failed`, I took mine apart and forgot to put in the screws that hold the main CPU board in where the 16 pins connect, so I pushed it back in and now all games work again, this might be why some are having problems loading cards make sure the screws are in properly in the main CPU board and it pushed in properly, they could of easy missed it at the factory, they are only human... :) they are hand built so not put together by robots.

Can you describe a bit more about this ? Perhaps share a pic or two of what loose vs correct should be ? Now I'm worried... 

11 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

You want Robots, I'll give you Robots, all the best to you Nick, have a great new year and always keep me posted on your tinkering.

Thanks and Happy New to you too... :)

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

Can you describe a bit more about this ? Perhaps share a pic or two of what loose vs correct should be ? Now I'm worried... 

It just would not load a card I put in it, I even tried the 10 in 1 card(I might of pushed the card in to hard)and would not load it so I remembered I forgot to put its screws in it mainboard so I realised that the HDMI connector is on the mainboard so move it a bit and it started to load the cards OK then, just a lose connection, nothing to worry about... :)

Edited by Spanner
  • Like 1

I'm glad I never took mine apart. I thought about it but decided there wasn't any benefit. Instead, I just watched a tear down on YouTube.

Also, it warms my heart to know that robots overseen by humans do the assembly. Robots are less likely to miss screws and they won't under or over tighten them.

• Like 1