IGNORED

StellaDS v7.2 Released - Happy New Year!

wavemotion

https://github.com/wavemotion-dave/StellaDS  -  StellaDS - An Atari 2600 VCS Emulator for the DS/DSi

Have you played Atari (on your DS) today?!

StellaDS

Features :

A solid level of compatibility to make games playable. Most games you remember fondly run full speed on a DSi in native 134MHz mode. For the older DS-LITE and DS-PHAT (running at 67MHz), most of the simple 8k, 4k and 2k games will play perfectly. More sophisticated bank-switching schemes really require the DSi (with 2X the CPU power) for the best experience.

Generally the internal database uses the No-Intro or ROMHUNTER roms (these are the good ones!). The emulator should auto-detect most games and play them perfectly but you can tweak settings as you like.

StellaDS features include:

• Full console emulation including Reset, Select, Difficulty Switches, TV Type, PAL vs NTSC, selectable color palettes and more.
  • Most popular bankswitching is supported up to 512K of ROM and 32K of RAM (similar to the Harmony Encore specifications).
  • Wide range of controllers including joystick, paddles, driving controller, booster grip, keypads, Quadtari, Genesis 2-button and more.
  • Savekey Support with backing 32K EEPROM.
  • DPC+ Arm-Assisted games supported! (DSi or above needed for full speed).
  • CDF/CDFJ/CDFJ+ Arm-Assisted games supported! (DSi or above needed for full speed).
  • FA2 and Cherity supported with backing EEPROM support.
  • High score support with up to 10 scores for each game.
  • Manuals included for more than 100 of the common games.
  • Keypad overlay for Star Raiders.
  • Frame Blending to help smooth out flicker and make the games shine.

The compatibility is quite solid here - with most games playing exactly as you remember them on the venerable DS hardware. The touch-screen on the bottom allows for a quick flick of your finger to change VCS switches or to apply new settings or load a new game. Recent editions bring in major improvements to the CDF/J/+ driver rendering all of the latest Champ Games playable (yes, that includes Turbo Arcade and Elevator Agent).

Enjoy - and if you do use this emulator, please drop me a line. It helps to know the long hours of development are worthwhile :)

image.thumb.png.9c2d8f6878457a010606f84f18d7a207.png

• Thanks 5

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Gamemoose said:

This version available on Universal Updater for 2/3DS at all?  I haven't had time to really peruse the homebrew options.

I'm afraid I don't know what 'Universal Updater' is... I run my homebrew software using Unlaunch and/or Twilight Menu++.

6 minutes ago, Gamemoose said:

And I do enjoy your emulators. I'm playing the latest NinTv-DS on both my DSi and now my recently "freed" New 3DS.

Cool! I've been working hard on Nintellivision in January and am switching to ColecoDS for February to see if I can't improve the MSX1 SCC sound emulation.

9 minutes ago, wavemotion said:

I'm afraid I don't know what 'Universal Updater' is... I run my homebrew software using Unlaunch and/or Twilight Menu++.

It's a repository of homebrew apps for a "hacked" 2/3DS. I installed the Nintellivision software on my 3DS from there to run under Twilight Menu++.

1 hour ago, Gamemoose said:

It's a repository of homebrew apps for a "hacked" 2/3DS. I installed the Nintellivision software on my 3DS from there to run under Twilight Menu++.

Interesting. I just checked it out online... they appear to have 6 of my 7 emulators available (missing DS99/4a)