IGNORED

Portfolio Wifi issues

chaozz

I finally managed to send a file from a PC to my Portfolio using the serial interface. I used a program called 300bm, which contained instructions on using a 3 wire serial cable and 300baud, even parity, 8 databits, 2 stop bits. I made a video in which I send over 300bm.com.

I also have a serial wifi modem, of which I don't have a manual. So I have no idea what the two buttons do or how to set it up. I sent xterm2 over to my portfolio, and set serial on the Portfolio to 300, e, 8, 1. When I enter the command ATI into xterm2, it returns garbage on the screen (see attachment).

Does anyone know what model of serial wifi modem I have and how to properly use it with my Portfolio?

GCta4-ZX0AAuke8.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-01 at 16.31.10 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-01 at 16.31.10.jpeg

2 hours ago, chaozz said:

Yep, that's it. I've got 3 of them and they are wonderful. The WiModem232 has pretty much become the

defacto standard for the retro Atari BBS scene.

Jim Drew is amazingly supportive. We've asked for changes that he's literally implemented within 24 hours!

He is working on a new and improved v2.0 of the WiModem232, so you might want to check into that before

you purchase the older model.

His forums are here:

https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/index.php

HTH's.  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2024 at 12:18 PM, chaozz said:

I finally managed to send a file from a PC to my Portfolio using the serial interface. I used a program called 300bm, which contained instructions on using a 3 wire serial cable and 300baud, even parity, 8 databits, 2 stop bits. I made a video in which I send over 300bm.com.

I also have a serial wifi modem, of which I don't have a manual. So I have no idea what the two buttons do or how to set it up. I sent xterm2 over to my portfolio, and set serial on the Portfolio to 300, e, 8, 1. When I enter the command ATI into xterm2, it returns garbage on the screen (see attachment).

Does anyone know what model of serial wifi modem I have and how to properly use it with my Portfolio?

GCta4-ZX0AAuke8.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-01 at 16.31.10 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-01 at 16.31.10.jpeg

This sort of looks like the one from Paul Rickards (spelling?).