IGNORED

Can you transfer Atari VCS games to other devices or VCS consoles with a USB?

PlutoniumPasta

I have a 64 GB USB plugged in to the back of VCS for extra storage. I have been taking my VCS games and moving them to the USB, so I don't use storage on the system. As I was doing this I was wondering if it was possible to take the games from the USB and put them on another device like a computer or another VCS to play elsewhere. Does anyone know if this even possible or if it can be done?

Normally, you should be able to run the games from another linux distribution. On the other hand, you may lose some features, especially with the controllers. As for launching the games from another VCS on Atarios, you can do it simply by logging into that other machine with your account and connecting your USB drive. The list of your games on it will be automatically updated on your dashboard.

4 hours ago, RadiATIon said:

Normally, you should be able to run the games from another linux distribution. On the other hand, you may lose some features, especially with the controllers. As for launching the games from another VCS on Atarios, you can do it simply by logging into that other machine with your account and connecting your USB drive. The list of your games on it will be automatically updated on your dashboard.

Would it be possible to transfer your purchased VCS 2600 or 7800 roms to a flash cart to play in original hardware?

Edited by livingonwheels

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 8:49 PM, PlutoniumPasta said:

I have a 64 GB USB plugged in to the back of VCS for extra storage. I have been taking my VCS games and moving them to the USB, so I don't use storage on the system. As I was doing this I was wondering if it was possible to take the games from the USB and put them on another device like a computer or another VCS to play elsewhere. Does anyone know if this even possible or if it can be done?

I was just curious as to what USB you are using as Im shopping around for one myself. Thanks