IGNORED

Emulator consoles from Ali Express

Living Room Arcade

Question

Hello @Albert,

Are we allowed to discuss emulator consoles of the type that you find at Ali Express?

They have an endlessly interesting and ever-changing inventory of fascinating emulator consoles at low prices.

I don't see any topics about it here at Atari Age and I was just wondering if the topic is allowed or not.

Because, I, personally, find these things to be very interesting and would happily discuss these things with others here if that were allowed.

But if it's not allowed, no problem.  I respect your forum rules.  Just asking.

Thank you.  

Edited by Living Room Arcade

13 answers to this question

55 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

My 2 cents: they should totally be allowed, they're just little computers. 

Might want to discourage/prohibit discussion of infringing ROM files and where to find them, though. 

Thank you, @Flojomojo.  I'll just wait and see if @Albert or another person in charge here has time to answer before I post a new topic.  

I have a couple of different generations of the Miyoo handhelds, which are pretty nice.

I also have one of the cheap (<$20) Data Frog SF2000's, and it is surprisingly nice (for the price).

Edited by R.Cade

I bought that $20 Data Frog in hopes people create a custom firmware that clears out the pirated stuff and offers improvements.

The trick is to look for units that claim to run off of Linux and/or OpenDingux.  Usually easier to customize and remove crud.  My Dingoo A320 is still an MVP.

I just bought the POWKIDDY RGB30 specifically for the 1:1 screen aspect so I can play PICO 8 (fantasy retro console) games in their native aspect ratio. It's probably a couple of days away from being delivered and I'll unbox it on the show when it arrives and possibly show off a couple of the amazing games that have been ported to the system.

- James