IGNORED

Battle Clash and Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge

There is certainly blasting happening here but mainly on a more literal sense. It's a shame the Super Scope was such a cumbersome device. 

I didn't have it as a kid but a friend of a friend got it and we went to test it right when he got it. It looked super cool but playing it was not. And the 6in1 cartridge that came with it was a borefest. I remember the dude's face when he realized the whole thing was a dud, brutal. 

• Like 1

I want to get a Super Scope again to play these games. The accessory is not cheap though.

I had Battle Clash around 2000 or so and remember it being pretty cool. I don’t remember much of the six pack at this point, but do remember liking the Genesis six-in-one cart that came with its Menacer being more varied.

5 minutes ago, jeffythedragonslayer said:

I meant shiny new third party Super Scopes.  Like Hyperkin makes third party SNES controllers.

That's a good point. I certainly can't remember seeing talk of any, but I've never ever looked into it. Would cool if there was a newer third party version that was just a proper gun shape.

42 minutes ago, jeffythedragonslayer said:

I meant shiny new third party Super Scopes.  Like Hyperkin makes third party SNES controllers.

If they shrunk it down to, say, the size of a pistol, I would guess there could be demand. I am guessing they would have to replicate the sensor too, so I am not sure how cheap they would be able to get it.

I wonder if it’s possible to hack these games to function with Konami’s Justifier. 🤔

17 minutes ago, Wayler said:

The Super Pew-Pew? 

image.thumb.png.c807cbae973c0c82bc32f42054971235.png

A little too small, haha!

Funny enough, I ran into a Reddit thread about the SNES Justifier, and apparently there was a third-party gun called the “Turbo Gun” that works with both Lethal Enforcers and the Super Scope games. A quick eBay search however pulls up nothing.

20 hours ago, Austin said:

I want to get a Super Scope again to play these games. The accessory is not cheap though.

I had Battle Clash around 2000 or so and remember it being pretty cool. I don’t remember much of the six pack at this point, but do remember liking the Genesis six-in-one cart that came with its Menacer being more varied.

Ugh same here I've been keeping an eye out for one since I got my monitor last year.  I came across one and was given an option to buy it for $40, problem is, it was missing the rubber eye ring on the sight(painful after a bit without), and didn't have the sensor reader either.  I looked it up, having to buy the parts due to scalpers, been better off just buying it complete so I didn't.  I never much liked the size but I did like the pack in game a lot so I kept going back to it.  I did want to get Yoshi and the 2 mech games Nintendo did, but I never did largely due to the bulk of that stupid bazooka.

20 hours ago, jeffythedragonslayer said:

Is there a market for their party Super Scopes?

I would hope so.  I'll buy one if it's cheap enough, not paying $50+ for some dumb light gun.  It would be awesome if someone could just wrangle up a Konami revolver from Lethal Enforcers and have that work, or if someone created a kit with the 3d printed pieces and parts (soldering required or not, don't care) to modify a zapper to work.  I'd be all over that.

20 hours ago, Austin said:

I played both Battle Clash and Metal Combat via emulation on my Wii using the Wiimote. Gotta say, i enjoyed Metal Combat far more than Battle Clash. It's a really entertaining title.

Edited by KidGameR186496
  • Like 2

From what I can remember playing the thing, it always felt a weird mix of too cumbersome to use and yet at the same time too accurate to have any fun. I think it would have helped if there would have been some feedback from that big hunk of plastic, like some rumble feature. Could have gotten some use extra as a shoulder massager for that. 

I got it CIB when I started collecting and about 4 games, including Yoshi's Safari, that's supposedly one of the better games for the small library it got. Don't have a CRT though anymore, so it's just sitting unused in the garage.