IGNORED

What's next for Ben and Plaion after the Atari2600+ - You would make a brilliant Colecovision... :)

Spanner

22 minutes ago, atariman72 said:

I'd love to see @Ben from Plaion and the team at Plaion go back to a ready made product he discussed in the Retro Hour podcast... please help bring the Atari VCS 800 to UK and Europe 😃

Whoever actually designed that machine and its joystick are brilliant designers. That announce video of theirs lit up the internet.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Yeah its going through Plaion UK, but the 400 mini is a Retro Games Limited product. Plaion is manufacturing and distributing the machine. My colleague in the UK office manages it with RGL.

I am solely concentrating on 2600+ for the meantime.

No complaints from me. Keep improving it :)

9 hours ago, tradyblix said:

Well we have our Answer folks. It's the Adorable Atari 400 mini :)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/shopping/the-latest-mini-console-is-this-adorable-atari-400/ar-AA1mOwc1

I for one will be in line. At least when I can order it from Amazon, lol ;) 

I saw a video on that a little while ago. It's going to be a definite pickup for me. I've never owned an Atari computer and I'd love to have one, so I think I'll start with a mini.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, atariman72 said:

I'm telling you there's a good chance a lot of people in Europe and the UK might buy it.  Are you telling me you might sell it?  😉😁

Anything you can do to support the VCS growth / users / use case could improve your odds of seeing it come back.

Just today- Atari put up a poll in the new www.Atari.Club where you can VOTE to have the Atari Club integrated into the VCS.

Get enough votes to make that happen- it will make new news- bring new VCS owners...and help it grow.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

It feels a bit awkward for me to answer on behalf of RGL, its their product. They are active on social media.

Ok, that explains the choice of USB for the400 (ala theC64) vs DB9 for 2600+!

On 1/7/2024 at 2:01 PM, Spanner said:

Ben and Plaion would make a brilliant Colecovison, if you could get the copyright to its name, do CBS still own it, I do not see its case being copyrighted, most of them are not, you could make it exactly the same as the Atari2600+, I mean how it reads its cartridges so show a CBS Colecovision logo and then Loading Game..., once you made one console it can be used on other consoles too... :)

The Colecovison is one of the consoles I have always wanted to be a DTV(Direct to TV) by HDMI.. :)

Just seen a video of a ATGames Colecovison, I didn't even know they made one, I think it was made in 2016, it has Composite not HDMI and can only play games from a menu and it looks like its missing something....

That would be cool.  Call it Module 1 and attach to the 2600+

Edited by alissa914

I would love something like the Collectorvision Phoenix that is an HDMI Colecovision w/ the SGM built in, but actually has mass availability & doesn't have problems w/ a lot of TVs like the Collectorvision does.  I bought a ROM of Donkey Kong for the SGM & was later sent an actual cart of it that I can't use, since I don't actually have a Colecovision & an SGM... :(