IGNORED

5200 4 port Power LED Blinking when turned off

FiddlersViridian

I have a 4 port 5200 that seems to work okay (video, audio, gameplay, etc) when turned on, but when plugged in and turned off the power LED blinks erratically. When it blinks "on" the TV static changes as if it's getting some sort of signal.

For a bit of history, I've had it for a couple years and recapped it at the time.  I had a switchbox, but it was never reliable and stopped working at all (it seemed to provide power, but no TV signal) so I installed the swtichbox bypass kit from console 5 about 6 months ago, and things worked well at the time.  The console really belongs to my 16 year old retro obsessed son, and a couple weeks ago he wanted to play some 5200 games for the first time in a few months, and it's been acting up since.

I just replaced the 4013 flip-flop IC with a brand new one, since I read those can go bad and cause power circuit problems, but it doesn't seem to have helped. I'm sure something is happening in the power circuit, but I'm not sure what to test. Like I said, it seems to work while turned on, but I'm worried something might be going bad that could end up damaging something. I'm happy to post pictures of anything that might be helpful.