IGNORED

Atari has launched the first stages of the Atari Club. You can VOTE on VCS integration!!

PowerDubs

3 hours ago, PowerDubs said:

Atari has launched the first stages of the Atari Club.

You can VOTE on what you want them to work on.

Such as Atari VCS integration!!

I voted. Lets make it happen!!

Atari.club

AtariClubVCS.thumb.jpg.7c27489ff22d0898a918e41d8a7e531c.jpg

They want "read access" to my GMAIL? Why would I give them that?

I'm happy to sign up for something, but I'm sure as hell not linking my GMAIL account to that. Come on Atari...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

They want "read access" to my GMAIL? Why would I give them that?

I'm happy to sign up for something, but I'm sure as hell not linking my GMAIL account to that. Come on Atari...

Hi 82. 

Scott here from Atari. We utilize Auth0, a component of Okta, which is recognized as an industry standard for secure and reliable authentication solutions. I do agree the wording on this modal was certainly a bit misleading and has since been updated.

I completely understand your concerns regarding the need to grant read access to your email during the account creation process, especially in a passwordless setup. Let me reassure you that while we request certain permissions, we do not and will never have access to read the contents of your emails. Our primary goal in asking for these permissions is to verify your identity and to maintain the highest level of security for your account.

The process of authenticating your email address is crucial in preventing bot/unauthorized account creation and ensuring that you, and only you, can access your account. This is a standard practice in the industry, especially in passwordless systems where your email address is a key component of your identity verification.

We understand the importance of transparency and trust in these matters. That's why we are in the process of updating our privacy policy. This update is designed to provide you with a clearer understanding of our data handling practices and to reassure you that the protection of your privacy and personal information is our top priority.

Rest assured, the permissions we request are used strictly for authentication and operational purposes such as creating your unique identifier and pre-populating your username. Your personal emails remain private and inaccessible to us.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sja said:

Hi 82. 

Scott here from Atari. We utilize Auth0, a component of Okta, which is recognized as an industry standard for secure and reliable authentication solutions. I do agree the wording on this modal was certainly a bit misleading and has since been updated.

I completely understand your concerns regarding the need to grant read access to your email during the account creation process, especially in a passwordless setup. Let me reassure you that while we request certain permissions, we do not and will never have access to read the contents of your emails. Our primary goal in asking for these permissions is to verify your identity and to maintain the highest level of security for your account.

The process of authenticating your email address is crucial in preventing bot/unauthorized account creation and ensuring that you, and only you, can access your account. This is a standard practice in the industry, especially in passwordless systems where your email address is a key component of your identity verification.

We understand the importance of transparency and trust in these matters. That's why we are in the process of updating our privacy policy. This update is designed to provide you with a clearer understanding of our data handling practices and to reassure you that the protection of your privacy and personal information is our top priority.

Rest assured, the permissions we request are used strictly for authentication and operational purposes such as creating your unique identifier and pre-populating your username. Your personal emails remain private and inaccessible to us.

Thanks! I appreciate the clarification. If I was nerdy enough, I'd do a deep dive to figure out what aspects of that privilege were being used on my account. I don't want you seeing my top-shelf p0rn, my nuclear codes, or any of my world domination discussions with oligarchs.

I generally don't link my GMAIL account to too much, I much prefer the 2FA means with a generic e-mail account, or even a phone number where I have to provide a code... but I appreciate the simplicity that linking everything to Google provides.

Definitely glad you guys corrected the wording on that... (I haven't gone back to check, but I will). I want everything to be awesome for you guys, and that was definitely a WTF moment for me.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...