IGNORED

Broken CX40+ out of the box

sonicdemon11

Got my 2600+ last week and out of the box the CX40+ hasn't worked. For some reason when I plug it in, it seems to automatically point right and press the action button continuously. I've tried cleaning the ports but no luck. Luckily I already owned two hyperkin troopers. But I really wanted a working CX40+ because I like the feel of it over a trooper. I don't want to send the console back to wind up in a landfill somewhere. Does anyone have any suggestions?

3 hours ago, MysticSword said:

I can't speak for him, but perhaps try contacting @Ben from Plaion , as I've noticed on a couple other threads he's helped people that have had issues (such as a broken or non-working 2600+).

Milage may vary. Radio silence on my 2600+ that was worthless after 4 hours of use and two cartridge swaps.

16 minutes ago, Glorkbot said:

The listing says it’s a usb joystick, in the first graphic. A usb joystick won’t work on an Atari 2600 or 2600+.

Then again, someone in another thread was just saying that the Trooper 2 joystick works as a single button stick IIRC, when plugged into an OTG cable on the 2600+.  Stella tends to be quite compatible with controllers, even when it's a RetroArch core version.  That of course doesn't necessarily mean that any particular random USB joystick will work though.

On 1/13/2024 at 6:01 PM, sonicdemon11 said:

Got my 2600+ last week and out of the box the CX40+ hasn't worked. For some reason when I plug it in, it seems to automatically point right and press the action button continuously. I've tried cleaning the ports but no luck. Luckily I already owned two hyperkin troopers. But I really wanted a working CX40+ because I like the feel of it over a trooper. I don't want to send the console back to wind up in a landfill somewhere. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I can swap it out. Please DM me

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Did you contact me? Did I miss this?

Hi Ben, you may have missed it. I know you have a lot going on at the moment.

Was back in this post. Had screenshots earlier in of the same experience as the OP.