IGNORED

Large files (such as demos)

What is the best way to transfer large files (like a zip of a demo) to the ST from something?  I have a real floppy drive 1.44mb in my MEGA STe along with a gotek external.  I do have a bluescsi v2, however, I don't want to remove it and mess arround with extra partitions, etc. 

How is it possible to move these large files over?  One of the demos I wanted to try on real hardware have a 7/8mb raw file of image data.  I have Macs and PCs all over to do a bunch of things if I need to but no idea how to manage this.  It would be so great if we could use the bloody network port on the MSTE and serial that over somehow or something else. 

Any help is very appreciated!

I love my netusbee. USB is handy but can corrupt files if the pen drive is not prepared (formatted) correctly and that can depend on the TOS version.

Network however using uiptool is fantastic: fast and efficient. I'm fact I have a NAS connected to all my retro computers (Atari, Amiga, RiscPC, Mac, PC) via an Ethernet switch and that is really sweet.

On 1/13/2024 at 7:22 PM, larrylaffer said:

I love my netusbee. USB is handy but can corrupt files if the pen drive is not prepared (formatted) correctly and that can depend on the TOS version.

Network however using uiptool is fantastic: fast and efficient. I'm fact I have a NAS connected to all my retro computers (Atari, Amiga, RiscPC, Mac, PC) via an Ethernet switch and that is really sweet.

That looks amazing!  I’m going to pick one up and try this out.  I’m so impressed how many amazing new products and upgrades are out there for our cool Atari systems.