IGNORED

Can't set screen to 16:9 Atari Flashback 9 Gold

Hi I just picked up an Atari Flashback 9 Gold and I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to stretch the picture to fill a 16:9 television. In the options all I can find is bezels to go around the 4:3 image it's producing. Very irritating please let me know if there's any way to fix it! Thanks

Hi, same problem here with Flashback X and 50. There seems to be no way to change the stella settings for video output. I am able to stretch the picture on my TV (zooming the background away). But I wanted to use one of the flashbacks with my crt (via hdmi2av adapter) and I guess there is no way to get full screen on it.

• 3 months later...

Considering the fact that all the Atari games were designed back when the standard tv was 4:3 there is no way, on any of the Flashbacks, to strech the video out to the size of modern tv's. The picture would probably look pretty horrible if you take into account the pixelated look of the games in 4:3.