IGNORED

Share your demos!

I am not sure how many were a part of the demoscene on the Commodore 64, but I thought it would be cool to start a thread and attach demos that you were a part of back in the day. I was a member of two groups in the early 90's named "Entity" and "Elixir". I was not much of a coder but contributed to some scrollers and I ran one of the BBS's that helped distribute the demos.

We were amongst the few North American groups and you can play these on NTSC machines :) I have to hand the hard coding work to XynamaX. He truly was the genius behind it all (for the Entity group)

I went by the handle "Dice" back then....because you know I was a badass. 

Attached are all of our demos from the time period. I was also a member later on with a group on the Amiga called "Awesome" but I guess we were so minor that I cannot find any of our demos at all online :(

Anyway, would be cool to see if anyone else around these parts were involved in this stuff at the time!

Eightbit.zip

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 1

I've been part of the VIC-20 demos Veni Vidi VIC, Vici Iterum MM, VIMM IX and a few smaller ones I don't remember. Mainly as a musician but I contributed some visual code once or twice. I've also made C64 intros for our retro computing expo and one intro meant for a commercial partner but I don't know if it got used. A few simple single-part demos on the C64, nothing advanced. I was part of the Voyage demo on the Intellivision (released through TRSI), this time solely for music.

All those were made between 1996 and now, so I was a late bloomer, well over 20 years old when I began to learn 6502 assembler.

• Like 2