IGNORED

WICO stick support?

sonicdemon11

As any joystick with 9pol connector made for the old 8bit systems from Atari and Commodore it should work but I do not have one anymore, to test.

With Sega Genesis pads you have to be careful, they have the same connector but would need an adapter like Mega7800 or Seagul to work!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Sure, I have both the bat-handle one and the interchageable handle one and they work great on the 2600+ after 35+ years. At first I had some errors with the bat-handle Wico, as it turned out its contacts on the plug didn't make a tight fit with the pins on the 2600+. Maybe these pins are a little bit thinner or shorter than my C64's back in the day, for I used that particular joystick on that computer, or maybe it was the constant port-swapping (a quirk of C64 games). The other one (interchangeable handle) was bought used some years later for my Amiga 2000, and always stayed on port 2. Anyway, I just did a bit of gentle squeezing on the plug, and then only had trouble with the "Right" signal, so I checked the Atari DB-9 Standard diagram on WikiPedia and inserted a single, very short strand of copper wire (obtained from a small-gauge cable) in hole Nr. 4, and the joystick worked great afterwards. In fact, when I (finally) got my official Berzerk Enhanced cartridge, I used that joystick, and now I use nothing else with that game because i get higher scores with the Wico bat-handle ! 

Edited by CmdrFanBer
typo