IGNORED

Megafile 30 HD cable to short I need a longer cable "Help!"

The DB19 cables are getting hard to find.

I found one on Ebay but the seller is in the UK and with shipping it's about $85.00.  The length is 31"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166521207074?hash=item26c56ff922:g:098AAOSwf9hliu9p

You could possibly make one out of a DB25 cable and cut out the 6 pins (3 top and 3 bottom) on one side.  You would also want to trim the sheilding down on that side.  If you wan to attempt this make sure that the cable has all of the pins active and that they line up the same as your existing cable.  You should be able to find a long DB25 without too much hassle.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, djglish said:

The DB19 cables are getting hard to find.

I found one on Ebay but the seller is in the UK and with shipping it's about $85.00.  The length is 31"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166521207074?hash=item26c56ff922:g:098AAOSwf9hliu9p

You could possibly make one out of a DB25 cable and cut out the 6 pins (3 top and 3 bottom) on one side.  You would also want to trim the sheilding down on that side.  If you wan to attempt this make sure that the cable has all of the pins active and that they line up the same as your existing cable.  You should be able to find a long DB25 without too much hassle.

Thanks for the link.

I believe I read the Atari cables were short for a reason, i.e. any longer and they were unreliable. I would personally build yourself a stand that straddles the ST for the hard disk and monitor to sit on above it, that way you can use the short cable. You can make one out of three pieces of wood for next to nothing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...