IGNORED

Atari 2600+ Beta Update 1.1 REV 2

Ben from Plaion

5 hours ago, SleepwalkFever said:

I never updated my console.

Next week i get a Notebook and i would try to do it.

What exactly have i to do?

I would install the latest Firmware and Dumper version. It’s simple if you need assistance most anyone on here will help.

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/361600-experimental-2600-firmware-and-dumper/

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 3

I got my Atari 2600+ last week, and tonight dove into the updates that @Ben from Plaion has posted.  Followed the instructions, and went from 1.00 factory to the update at the top of this thread.  All worked.  Hopefully when this is out of beta the procedure is less convoluted, but it is what it is.  Got it updated.

I had four that didn't work.  Two were said in updates that work now, they were Robot Tank & Circus Convoy.  The other one that doesn't work is Pitfall II, but to my surprise H.E.R.O. worked - the reason I didn't expect it to is that it's a PAL cartridge, and I'm in the US, so I assumed it would be a fail, but it worked - took a little longer to load than some of the others, but hot damn - my family realized something good happened when I was a little loud in my reaction that Pal HERO worked for me.

Just wanted to throw it out there.  

One other side question...  Do we know if the new one that Audacity is putting on sale later this week (Alien Abduction) will work on this as well, or will it need another update?

19 minutes ago, Joe Siegler said:

I got my Atari 2600+ last week, and tonight dove into the updates that @Ben from Plaion has posted.  Followed the instructions, and went from 1.00 factory to the update at the top of this thread.  All worked.  Hopefully when this is out of beta the procedure is less convoluted, but it is what it is.  Got it updated.

I had four that didn't work.  Two were said in updates that work now, they were Robot Tank & Circus Convoy.  The other one that doesn't work is Pitfall II, but to my surprise H.E.R.O. worked - the reason I didn't expect it to is that it's a PAL cartridge, and I'm in the US, so I assumed it would be a fail, but it worked - took a little longer to load than some of the others, but hot damn - my family realized something good happened when I was a little loud in my reaction that Pal HERO worked for me.

Just wanted to throw it out there.  

One other side question...  Do we know if the new one that Audacity is putting on sale later this week (Alien Abduction) will work on this as well, or will it need another update?

My first update was the one marked "Experimental" and it's WOUNDERFUL. Pitfall II works with that dumper and firmware. You should check it out, but if you like PF 2 as much as H.E.R.O... you should warn your family your updating first ;).

Edit: 

Link from Mr. Chickenz post above.

Edited by Striker667xbl
Added link
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Striker667xbl said:

My first update was the one marked "Experimental" and it's WOUNDERFUL. Pitfall II works with that dumper and firmware. You should check it out, but if you like PF 2 as much as H.E.R.O... you should warn your family your updating first ;)

Yeah, I saw that, but I didn't want to get into other rom updates after I've already used the "Ben version".  I kind of want to stick to that path.  I'm not too worried about Pitfall II at the moment.

I'm just happy about HERO!  w00t!

2 hours ago, Joe Siegler said:

Yeah, I saw that, but I didn't want to get into other rom updates after I've already used the "Ben version".  I kind of want to stick to that path.  I'm not too worried about Pitfall II at the moment.

I'm just happy about HERO!  w00t!

Rev2 is just an outlook, get 1.1x-r3 with the latest dumper and you won't find any non working game beside of some Champ Carts with flux capacitor on board but your Delorean will run at full speed and not just 70mph like on Rev2 (PAL games run much better with the new video driver on exp. load!)🤙

Pitfall2 works great on it but never never forget to clean your carts with alcohol and Qtip, especially Activision carts and especially Pitfall2😊

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

but never never forget to clean your carts with alcohol and Qtip, especially Activision carts and especially Pitfall2😊

This isn't my first rodeo. I know all about that from the 80's.  I lived through it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Joe Siegler said:

This isn't my first rodeo. I know all about that from the 80's.  I lived through it.

Hey bud, please send my best to your brother, funnily I was just thinking about him recently.  Same to you and yours, long time no see.

On 6/14/2024 at 12:30 AM, Joe Siegler said:

Right but the 2600+ slot is more finicky.

Any cart which failed without cleaning worked before in my real hardware😊

• Like 2

Yes, my pitfall II Did not work initially until I cleaned it multiple times. It does work. On 1.1x-r3. Not this threads release.

I only have one game so far that I have to use my original atari to play which is turbo arcade from champ games. I only bought it because I love that game so much. And also, because it's a very impressive game. And because I was hoping that maybe in the future, they'll support that bank switching scheme.

But I even got stella's stocking working. And I am definitely gonna play that on Christmas. Maybe just leave it on the t. V all day.

The twenty six hundred plus fulfilled all my dreams.

Edited by tradyblix
clarify
  • Like 1