IGNORED

Atari 2600+ Beta Update 1.1 REV 2

Ben from Plaion

On 7/15/2024 at 4:09 PM, Fred_M said:

I think Plaion is more visible and approachable with their support of the 2600+ than Retro Games Ltd with their "invisible" support for the400 mini 😉

I kind of see that device as more of a rom bucket tho, like the classic nes consoles and other retro consoles were. Which is cool, and the same experience you get when using Harmony with this thing.

But what I love about the 2600+ is it's ability to use real carts, to add hunting old unwanted 2600 carts down in society to my list of things to do, to love picking up rare ones I know are good for 5  bucks from flea markets, and after a while, because you're inserting real carts, having to find them, etc, it really just feels less like an emu box and more like a real 2600. I love the thing. 

It got me playing more games than when I was using harmony cart on a real, modded sixer. It looks better too, and while there's a few games we still can't play, and some we may never be able to play, it's already been amazing and brought the system alive for me. 

Edited by tradyblix
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...