IGNORED

Atari 2600+ Beta Update 1.1 REV 2

Ben from Plaion

15 minutes ago, mastic_man said:

There seems to be high score corruption happening with Home brew games that use a save Key, could this be possblly fixed? 

IMG_0680.jpg

Not sure if you hint at the "interlace" problem (should be ok on a "real" TV tube or if you change the settings of your LG panel) or the rather strange entries?

1 hour ago, larsvonhier said:

Not sure if you hint at the "interlace" problem (should be ok on a "real" TV tube or if you change the settings of your LG panel) or the rather strange entries?

It happens what ever TV you use, if you reflash the software then the the score is unscrambled. I have attached another picture of a different game, notice postion 2 on the scores. I got about 47000 and entered the initials MRT, as you can see its scrambled. 

2.jpg

Edited by mastic_man

2 hours ago, larsvonhier said:

This can be alleviated by enabling Phosphor mode in Stella (using a USB/OTG keyboard setup) but that causes additional performance issues for the already currently inadequate performance of the 2600+ with any demanding games (including Mappy / ARM shown)

1 hour ago, remowilliams said:

This can be alleviated by enabling Phosphor mode in Stella (using a USB/OTG keyboard setup) but that causes additional performance issues for the already currently inadequate performance of the 2600+ with any demanding games (including Mappy / ARM shown)

The problem does not go away with enabling Phosphor with a usb keyboard. The only way it goes away (for me) is when you reflash the image and save key is effectively set back to 0. 

IMG_0754.jpeg

Edited by mastic_man

1 hour ago, mastic_man said:

The problem does not go away with enabling Phosphor with a usb keyboard. The only way it goes away (for me) is when you reflash the image and save key is effectively set back to 0. 

Yes, I was talking about the perceived video issue comment, not the save key.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chad5200 said:

Special ROM that won't work on the classic 2600.

The rom will work on a classic 2600. However the pcb I am using does not contain the arm hardware to run on the older system but will work on the 2600+ The required hardware for the game to run is already emulated in the 2600+ firmware. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mmmmbeh said:

Has anyone had trouble with Journey Escape on the Atari 2600+?  I have two copies of it, and the music is very laggy and the game is slow.  Perhaps this can be reported for a future update fix?

Yeah, I had this issue as well and mentioned it. It's the only game I've had so far that has any true issues. 

For Omicron 2600 the twinstick mode does not work on the 2600+

The joystick in port 2 does not get recognized!

No worries about the pad, with normal joysticks I got the same result 😊

On my real 7800 it worked right away and is a great twinstick shooter😞

20240209_233309.jpg

20240209_233441.jpg

20240209_233507.jpg

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mastic_man said:

IMG_0754.jpeg

I have an OTG cable with keyboard working, and I can access thr Retroarch menu, where is the phosphor setting? 

it’s not under core or video like I would expect in retroarch.

Edited by John Stamos Mullet

16 hours ago, mastic_man said:

There seems to be high score corruption happening with Home brew games that use a save Key, could this be possblly fixed? 

IMG_0680.jpg

I don't... know that SaveKey should be a concern before we get the homebrew games in general to a playable state.

Heck I don't even know what Byte Before Christmas even _is_ since my original hardware no longer works with my TV.

1 hour ago, Mr. Christmas said:

I don't... know that SaveKey should be a concern before we get the homebrew games in general to a playable state.

Heck I don't even know what Byte Before Christmas even _is_ since my original hardware no longer works with my TV.

Most home brews are already playable by either adding a usb port and side loading (covered in another thread) pitfall 2 can be played this way or burning the game to an eprom. (Pitfall 2 does not work with eprom method)  The main problem is the dumper which is being worked on. There also a few other minor problems such as the 2600+ software has quadtari detection enabled and this will stop controls working on certain home brew games. This ideally needs disabling or an option added so we can have it on it off. Same goes for the save key as it is detected in port 2 and is causing controller problems. As you can understand all these issues need to be looked at for when the clever folk hopefully fix the dumper and then all of us can fully enjoy our home brew games by just plugging our carts in. 

Edited by mastic_man