Masters of the Universe
The Power of He-Man
Works
Space Attack Works
Star Strike Works
Super Challenge Baseball Loads up, but I have no idea how to work it
Super Challenge Football Loads up, but I have no idea how to work it
Tron Deadly Discs Works

Really, people here have far more than I have in my library, but I am willing to test any of these.

20240124_183031.thumb.JPG.3b54883763d1a4f272f48312036325ed.JPG20240124_183016.thumb.JPG.255636abc818087642216bafbce6c66e.JPG20240124_182954.thumb.JPG.87aa7e92b69a2a5050a5fe555d9b4007.JPG

A Nomad and a crystal NGP, very nice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mitch said:

Just curious if the composite smoothing fix works on 7800 Missing In Action? The crashing issue may be similar to 7800 Crossbow.

The composite smoothing is only enabled for Jinks and Tower Toppler. Since it blurs 320 pixels, like a real composite display, it's not worth degrading the display on other games that don't use artifacting.

MIA tends to be very crashy in emulation. The emulation in a7800 is pretty accurate as far as emulators go, but MIA crashes with it, even quicker than here. There's some kind of super-sensitive race condition in this game, involving the interrupts.

9 hours ago, Mitch said:

I seem to remember that Crossbow was shipped on two different cart boards. C300565 and C100339. Maybe one is dumping correctly and the other is not working?

Great point! I don't know how many other people will be willing to mess up their label to find out, but I'll start...

C300565 NTSC Crossbow works (RevEng)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RevEng said:

The composite smoothing is only enabled for Jinks and Tower Toppler. Since it blurs 320 pixels, like a real composite display, it's not worth degrading the display on other games that don't use artifacting.

MIA tends to be very crashy in emulation. The emulation in a7800 is pretty accurate as far as emulators go, but MIA crashes with it, even quicker than here. There's some kind of super-sensitive race condition in this game, involving the interrupts.

Great point! I don't know how many other people will be willing to mess up their label to find out, but I'll start...

C300565 NTSC Crossbow works (RevEng)

Is there a chance that the default smoothing filter from retroarch could be enabled or optional, so that things aren’t so blocky/hard edged pixels? 

one of the things I like about running retroarch on an RPi is the smoothing it does. 

or would that slow down the emulation too much? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Is there a chance that the default smoothing filter from retroarch could be enabled or optional, so that things aren’t so blocky/hard edged pixels? 

one of the things I like about running retroarch on an RPi is the smoothing it does. 

or would that slow down the emulation too much? 

Honestly we haven't looked at it, as this is the first request I've seen for it. CRT shaders are definitely out, but simple smoothing is supposed to be light on resources, so it might work.

If it's possible, I'm not even sure how the user would go about enabling it. From other threads, it seems people have definite feelings about having configuration menus on the 2600+.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, RevEng said:

Honestly we haven't looked at it, as this is the first request I've seen for it. CRT shaders are definitely out, but simple smoothing is supposed to be light on resources, so it might work.

If it's possible, I'm not even sure how the user would go about enabling it. From other threads, it seems people have definite feelings about having configuration menus on the 2600+.

If I can get a hold of an OTG cable that allows access to the retroarch menus via keyboard, I will test it for performance. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

7800 fixes

• A.R.T.I. (Pokey sound fixed) - Confirmed
  • Asteroids Deluxe (Escape sequence for hidden game, both buttons + right for 3 seconds, immediately on load) - Confirmed. Loving it. Thank you. (Screen capture below)
  • Danger Zone (Pokey sound fixed) - Confirmed
  • E.X.O. (now loads, Dumper 1.1.0.9, Pokey sound fixed) - Confirmed above
  • Keystone Koppers (Pokey sound fixed) - Confirmed
  • Klax (may load now, unverified) - Confirmed as working for me. (Screen capture below)
  • Millie & Molly (Pokey sound fixed) - Confirmed
  • Possible Mission (may load now, Dumper 1.1.0.9, unverified) - Confirmed. Loads and runs for me. (Screen capture below)

Note: Froggie works and the POKEY sounds great! - Screen capture below.

Asteroids.jpg

Asteroids_1.jpg

Froggie.jpg

KLAX.jpg

KLAX_1.jpg

PM.jpg

PM_1.jpg

PM_2.jpg

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

So yours has sound when you play?  Mine works (with sound) in my 7800 but not in my 2600+.

Yes. Mine works with sound on the 2600+ and my 7800(s). Does yours have a POKEY? I believe you could purchase it with/without POKEY. I provided my own chip for this cart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

You were one of my favourite posters here till this let you down. Guess there is no accounting for taste 😉

• Haha 4

My copy of Possible Mission gets stuck on the title screen.  I noticed that the label on sramirez2008's copy is a little different than mine.

Edited to add:  I let it sit on the title screen for a minute or so and it goes to a black screen then locks the console.  Also verified that it still works on my 7800.

20240125_124450.jpg

Edited by Thran
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RevEng said:

Well, the machine does not act like a 2600, in that it is not ready immediately on start-up.  No pretending there.  While I understand not wanting a configuration menu, I also find I am not a fan of systems' default configurations (e.g. NES Classic, Sega Mini, &c.)  A hidden configuration option for CRT smoothing would be nice.  I like it.  I hate scan lines (THANK YOU Atari for not using them.)

30 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Yes. Mine works with sound on the 2600+ and my 7800(s). Does yours have a POKEY? I believe you could purchase it with/without POKEY. I provided my own chip for this cart.

I supplied POKEYs for Froggie and Beef Drop when I bought them from AA in 2019.  The latter does not currently work on the 2600+, but they both work with sound on my 7800.  As we are focusing on original Atari games in this update, I am not pressed for these at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Thran said:

My copy of Possible Mission gets stuck on the title screen.  I noticed that the label on sramirez2008's copy is a little different than mine.

Edited to add:  I let it sit on the title screen for a minute or so and it goes to a black screen then locks the console.  Also verified that it still works on my 7800.

20240125_124450.jpg

I purchased my copy from Good Deal Games when they first became available. There are still copies available. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

I supplied POKEYs for Froggie and Beef Drop when I bought them from AA in 2019. 

Hmm. I wish we lived nearby one another. It would be interesting to test your cart with my 2600+. Sorry about yours not working. Does anyone else have a 2600+ and a copy of Froggie?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Mine will be shipped soon and comes with a Hokey... could this make a difference?