IGNORED

I'll finally be able to do the math soon!

Jasoco

I won a Jaguar today! I was watching it for a couple days. It had a starting bid of $25 and a BIN of $55. At the last minute I bid $35 but no one else did so I won it for $25!

It will be coming complete with three games. DOOM and Tempest 2000 among them. Those two I'm excited about. I never played Tempest in any form, but hear it's got really good music and is addicting. And I heard the DOOM Jaguar is the best DOOM port of its time. And for the price I paid, I can't lose!

It's only my second Atari system and will be the only one that I have that will work in the near future, but I look forward to working on my Jag collection too. :D

Am I correct in thinking the Jaguar CD is really hard to come by? I don't see any one eBay and heard they sell for a lot. But I'd love to get one to try out VidGrid. (I know it's not that good. But I like the music selection they picked.)

Oh, AND the DOOM game comes with the controller overlay! That's pretty cool!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...egory=3537&rd=1

Can't wait for it to arrive! I'm getting so much stuff this week.

Am I right. Does it really purr when you start it up?

A SMS with games, a Sega Genny 2 and CD with games, a Jaguar with games. Wow.. I've been busy! [Opens wallet. Moths fly out.]

You should have fun :)

And yes, it does...erm...purr ;) [just crank the volume up before you start playing...it's very subtle]

Stone

Neat!

I downloaded a recording of the "purr" a while back. That's cool. Gives it class.

IS IT HERE YET???

Tom Petty was right.. Waiting IS the hardest part. :sad:

Awesome score! Tempest 2K is one of the best games for the Jag. Maybe if Tyrant ever comes back you could add a rotary controller to your collection and enjoy the game that much more. :)

As for the cd player, they can be had from various retailers if you don't mind spending the money. Otherwise, ebay is the only way to find them and you never know what you're buying... (Paid a crapload for one off ebay and a few months later it died :sad: )

Good luck with your new system. 8)

Saturn

As for the cd player, they can be had from various retailers if you don't mind spending the money. Otherwise, ebay is the only way to find them and you never know what you're buying... (Paid a crapload for one off ebay and a few months later it died :sad: )  

By died, how exactly? my Jag CD I had for about 10 minutes before it 'died' it's working great now tho :) If you are interested in resurecting it, I'll try my best to help

I won a Jaguar today! I was watching it for a couple days. It had a starting bid of $25 and a BIN of $55. At the last minute I bid $35 but no one else did so I won it for $25!

It will be coming complete with three games. DOOM and Tempest 2000 among them. Those two I'm excited about. I never played Tempest in any form, but hear it's got really good music and is addicting. And I heard the DOOM Jaguar is the best DOOM port of its time. And for the price I paid, I can't lose!

I thought this sounded familiar. This is my friend's auction! :D

If you do end up getting a Jagcd with Vidgrid, that game has an AWSOME Jaguar logo on it with an intense "purr"..err, growl. It should have become the standard Jagcd opening logo on Jaguar game cd's, if the Jagcd had lasted long enough to get more titles out...some of the best Jag games are on cd too, plus most new underground/homebrew stuff as well as "lost" titles seem to be coming out on it, so get one if you can.

P.S.- all I ever do is play the VidGrid music videos too, could care less about the game, which some do enjoy, but the music selection is very cool, I just hit the button that completes the puzzle so you can just watch the videos. ;) Plus, if you finish the game, or enter an available cheat (on the Jag's cheat sheet; around the net) There is a hidden bonus video: Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit." 8)

I'll finally be able to do the math soon!  

Yep and it will come out to be 16... :roll: :D

Tempest

:roll: Show me just ONE 16-bit system that can handle ANY of the Jaguars 3D games! :roll: (not to mention many of the 2D games like Kasumi, Ultra Vortek, Rayman, etc., etc.)

By died, how exactly?

I'm not sure what initially went wrong but I know I killed it after I "adjusted" the potentiometer with that pipewrench. :( It may still be salvageable but I dare not take matters into my own hands again.

If you shoot me some info I'll gladly send it your way for an autopsy... 8)

@ Tempest- Dude, you crack me up :D

By died, how exactly?

I'm not sure what initially went wrong but I know I killed it after I "adjusted" the potentiometer with that pipewrench. :( It may still be salvageable but I dare not take matters into my own hands again.

If you have tried turning the pot back to where it was and still nothing then I would have to say try a new transport. www.linkovitch.me.uk/jaguar for my guide of how to fit. If you don't fancy it I can attempt the repair for you, but no promises.

By died, how exactly?

If you have tried turning the pot back to where it was and still nothing then I would have to say try a new transport. www.linkovitch.me.uk/jaguar for my guide of how to fit. If you don't fancy it I can attempt the repair for you, but no promises.

I don't really want to attempt to replace the transport so if you can fix it, cool. If not, no big deal. :)

My Jaguar arrived today. :D

It's pretty cool. DOOM is light years ahead of the SNES version. But the controller seems awkward, but it's cool. Too bad these console versions don't have music.

I'll have fun with this one, I hope.

Recommended games?

I have Tempest 2K, DOOM and Cannon Fodder so far. Just point me to some goodies.

My Jaguar arrived today. :D

It's pretty cool. DOOM is light years ahead of the SNES version. But the controller seems awkward, but it's cool. Too bad these console versions don't have music.

I'll have fun with this one, I hope.

Recommended games?

I have Tempest 2K, DOOM and Cannon Fodder so far. Just point me to some goodies.

The controller does seem awkward at first but after a couple days you get use to it. I remember when I got my first Jag, it came with Club Drive and I was just randomly pressing buttons to get the game to play :)

I have some good Jag games I could sell to you. Drop me a pm if your interested.

Have fun!