IGNORED

Yamaha sound options for Atari 7800 games on the VCS

9 hours ago, RadiATIon said:

For Atari7800 the emulator is mame with the a7800 bios. I don't know if this bios allows you to run music in YM though. You'd have to ask David Paige.

Is it the full MAME, or just the a7800 emulator that was forked from MAME?   I suspect the latter but not sure

1 hour ago, zzip said:

Is it the full MAME, or just the a7800 emulator that was forked from MAME?   I suspect the latter but not sure

If the Atari folks are interested in the a7800 version, we did work to bring that back into MAME compliance around MAME 240 (give or take, may have been 242) when we folded that into Argon. YM support would be extra to that (wasn't included at that time, mid 2022).

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 8:18 PM, swlovinist said:

Just wanted to ask here for the emulator the Atari VCS uses for games.   Is there a YM sound option for those games that offer it?   I am inquiring about the VCS emulator Atari uses in their storefront.  

It appears a7800 has supported YM2151 for a while now, so I'd think the answer is yes unless they're using a deprecated version.